Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fabric Tuesday!

Welcome to Fabric Tuesday!  The day of week around here where we share the fabric projects we've been working on.  This week I have something to share..and it IS NOT something for my baby girl!  Shocking I know! :)

A while ago I made this chevron bag for a friends birthday.  I had a few cuts of the chevron in different colors and had plans for all of them!  I'm happy to say I've made 3 of the 4 bags.  The one I haven't made is the one for me of course!

I really really love this color combo.  The chevron's are from Riley Blake (I know several of our sponsor carry them) and I know that they have a variety of chevron's coming out, big, medium, small...the blue is a Kona solid and the matching dots inside are from Michael Miller!  I really wanted this one for myself...like kept trying to justify it, but I really thought it was too perfect for my friends birthday so I decided to give it to her.  Boo. :)

And I made up the gray chevron with a fabulous Michael Miller green solid (seen in this post) but I didn't take pics of the bag! I was rushing to get it to my niece for her graduation.  But I'm happy to report when she came to visit me a few weeks later she had brought it along and it was filled with books :)


And another un-related fabric project I made this blanket for another one of my besties.  Her sweet baby Mason got a cochlear implant last week and I just thought having the softy minky to snuggle would be so nice!  So the softness is for him, his name and the cute fabrics are for me and his mom! :)


The minky is from Shannon Fabrics, a Robert Kaufman design.  If you haven't checked out some of this seriously amazing quality of designer minky I challenge you to...it doesn't even compare to Joann's...and I hate to say that because I am NOT a Joann-hater at all.  I go almost weekly. And I have used their minky.  But when you can and for those extra special projects, you really should try out Shannon Fabrics (they carry lots of designers, but it is all top quality).  A lot of our sponsors on the side carry their minky too :)


Phew!

How about you?  Quilt blocks/tops/finishes? Pillows? Wip's? Clothing?  Lets see it!
See here if you need more info about our linky party.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Those chevrons are so pretty, and I love that particular blue/yellow combo. Thanks for hosting Fabric Tuesday! For new bloggers like me, these linky parties are a great way to find new blogs.

Debbie said...

Oh yeah, love the chevron bag!! Very nice.

Cherie said...

Love the bag. The colour combo just screams SUMMER! =D

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

So much inspiration here - thank you for the link-up. Great chevron bag - I would have a hard time giving it away!!

Julie said...

I love that bag! The colors are so fun and the chevrons are fabulous!

Kirsten said...

Love the bag - chevrons are so cool!

Anonymous said...

Woa awesome design!Love your creative work keep it up...