Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 27, 2012

Urban Cabin from Lemonade Life...



Michelle from Lemonade Life created this awesome quilt. I am in love with the machine quilting she did herself.  I also love the back of this quilt, I am too impatient to get creative with the backs of my quilts, I a so anxious to have the quilt finished! To learn more about Michelle, check out her cute ABOUT ME page,  creative way to tell people about yourself. To see more great quilts, spend some time at Lemonade life. 

Urban11
It was a busy and productive week in the sewing room. I’m so proud to be finished with the Urban Cabin quilt. I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Urban12
The back is pieced – and is probably the most special. The white squares are filled with Bible verses, written by the ladies at our church.
Urban13
I named this quilt “Lori’s Love” because once the top was complete, one lady asked if I purposely choose a pattern that put L’s (Lori’s Initial) all over the front. It was a lucky coincidence — but a great one!
urban7
I quilted this bugger on my home machine, and I just about gave up. I cannot tell you how much I regretted that decision when I was pushing and pulling this large, heavy thing through the tiny throat of my machine. I did impress myself and did my first ever FMQ on the green border. It was actually fun.
Urban8
In the end, it was worth every drop of sweat. And, I finished just in time. On Friday, I stitched on the binding as Lori was returning home for a weekend visit from MD Anderson. It was a true joy to deliver this gift of encouragement to such a sweet, strong woman.
Urban15
Quilt Stats
Design: Urban Cabin by Atkinson Designs
Fabric: Moda Chrysalis with Kona Stone
Binding: Moda Chrysalis
Size: 65 x 88
Pieced and Quilted by Me on home machine
Completed: June 2012


Photobucket

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What a special quilt! It is beautiful.

CathyK said...

What a very special quilt and one that will be treasured, I am sure! You have inspired me to try to piece the backs of my quilts!

Cherie said...

What a gorgeous quilt! The pattern is really effective with the colours used. I'm sure the recipient will love it dearly =D