Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 24, 2012

Sewing goats quilt finish from Patchwork in Paris...

Sewing goats quilt finish from Patchwork in Paris! Ahh, those goats make me smile! Jennifer is a quilting mama,of a darling little boy (born on my birthday I just noticed)  look at this darling quilt she is working on with a bee for him! Love it! Be sure to visit Patchwork in Paris  for more inspiration!


I haven't posted in months and months and my unfinished stack of quilts continues to taunt me daily, but I just haven't found the time or energy to tackle it quite yet.  I am determined to somehow stay awake long enough after Louis goes to bed and after we have managed to eat dinner to finish up the star quilt I started for him before he was born.  I have (had) elaborate plans of hand quilting most of it, and could potentially make some progress over the holidays in August if I could assemble the blocks and back before then...

I did manage to finish this sewing goat quilt just before he was born in December but then never got around to photographing it and posting the final results.  I just love the color combinations of green, orange blue and yellow. I've included several different colors of Robert Kaufman Essex linen throughout the top and the back in an effort to tone down the mix of colors and patterns a bit. 


I did manage to finish this sewing goat quilt just before he was born in December but then never got around to photographing it and posting the final results.  I just love the color combinations of green, orange blue and yellow. I've included several different colors of Robert Kaufman Essex linen throughout the top and the back in an effort to tone down the mix of colors and patterns a bit. 



The back is a men's dress shirt fabric and an orange flowered seersucker.




Photobucket

20 comments:

Unknown said...

The sew goats RULE! I love it!!!!! KVLT!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shontelle said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the buttery yellows and that soft teal green. The goats aren't half bad either! ;-)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I've never seen goat fabric before. This is looking great!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your quilt. I've been doing blocks like this with a focus center. Wish I could have found some of that fabric. It is adorable. Great job!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, and I love the toned down colours (if only I could do 'toned down')! Beautiful Kxx

beaquilter said...

what a cute quilt! never seen sewing goats before :-)

giddy99 said...

That is just the cutest!!!

Needled Mom said...

That is adorable and I love the color.

Unknown said...

I like this quilt. delicate colours are beautiful in baby quilt!

beth said...

OOh! LOve the colors in this one!

Svetlana said...

totally GORGEOUS!!!

Sylvia said...

So cute :)

Kristie said...

So cute! Love the goats :)

Anonymous said...

Do you sell the goat fabric? Do you have squares to spare? Love it!

Queenie Believe said...

Wow this is the perfect baby quilt! The colors and textures are wonderful!!!
Have a great day.
Always Queenie

Shelley said...

Who is the designer of the goat fabric?? I love it! and need to get some lol! I need it worse than Mary at Quilt Hollow lol!

Cherie said...

Such a fun quilt! Those little goats are awesome! Where can I get my hands on some? =D

Unknown said...

Thank you everybody for your sweet comments! The goat fabric was actually a gift from my very generous sister. I also have it in pink! She found it at Clothcamp on Etsy. http://goo.gl/1hYL4
Jennifer

Dustin N Pierce said...

The information was genuinely fascinating. You make a nice point, and I appreciate you sharing this unique knowledge! I fully agree with what you've said! Gratitude for sharing your opinions. I just visited a profile about how to measure your reaction time? and if you attentively read it, it will be beneficial to you. Look at a post on reaction time test.