Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 17, 2012

Urban Nine Patch from Color Me Quilty


This quilt is so dynamic!! My eye went straight to the tiny thumbnail when Pat from Color Me Quilty linked it up on Fabric Tuesday.  I love the fabrics she chose, the colors work awesome together in this pattern.  And her FMQ is fabulous!!  You can see more of Pat's work in her 2011 finishes, 2012 finishes and tutorials/tips & tricks.


I love it when a plan comes together! Finished up my baby Urban Nine Patch this morning.  My first curved pieced and first all solids (except the back) quilt. I'm really proud that I did this all myself. The FMQ is a little organic (read wobbly), but I don't know how else you learn without actually doing it (over and over again)!

Lots of FMQ

I like how this part of the design looks like a flower.

The back. I really like the orange binding.



I originally set out to do this quilt as part of the FLMQG (Finger Lakes Modern Quilt Guild) solids challenge that we talked about last October. The quilts were supposed to be finished in April. Well, it's July and I think I'm the first one finished, although there was some discussion about it last night on Facebook. The new date is August. Does this mean I'm done a month early??!! ;)

Color Me Quilty!

Pat
Photobucket

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is STUNNING. I completely understand how your eyes went right to it - gorgeous!

giddy99 said...

That is SO beautiful (colors, design, quilting, EVERYTHING) that I choked on my coffee when I saw it. AWESOME.

Kelsey said...

Such a beautiful quilt!!! Just amazing!

Elaine Shandra said...

Ooh, I LOVE this!

Jenny said...

I love this too!! The colors are so perfect together and your quilting turned out so great!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

Wow, it's so bold and clean and the color choices are fantastic!

Cherie said...

Such a gorgeous quilt! The backing is soo cute! FMQ brilliant job =D

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

wow, that's pretty

CathyK said...

So Cute!!!

Patchworksmiley said...

"FMQ is a little organic (read wobbly)".....& I thought, when I saw this quilt....wow, if only I could FMQ like that, I'd have to draw the guidelines on first to do as good a job. I think it's great!!!

Lynne said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing!

Mary Menzer said...

Fabulous colors and great quilting! Don't worry if you think it looks wobbly, you can say you MEANT it to look that way! Fabulous Finish!
Mary

Michelle said...

That is absolutely spectacular!

Carrie P. said...

stunning!!!!