Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Teje's Baby Stars Quilt


Teje from Nero's Post and Patch is always posting and sharing such fabulous things, we constantly feature her on Fabric Tuesdays :)  And with a backdrop like Greece she always get great pictures.  Make sure to see Teje's shop, her finishes and some great tutorials too!
Hello my Dear Friends! I have a great day at home! Even lots of works are waiting still it’s so nice  not to go anywhere! Long time I was waiting to show you my latest quilt, but it was a secret so it had to wait till the little baby was born.
'Baby Stars' quilt
My dear friend is now grandmother for a sweet baby boy and when I returned from Finland with beautiful fabrics, I began this quilt. Still I had to wait if it’s a girl or a boy. For the girl I would have made orange binding and for the boy this green.
Because we didn’t know if it’s going to be a girl or a boy, I chose colours to be nice for both. I new that mom likes orange and green and they had used yellow for the baby-room. I saw that I do need more yellow fabrics for my stash!
baby quilt
I have seen so many beautiful quilts with different kind of star patterns and I really love these wonky stars! I had made few just to try these happy fabrics and then I realized they would be nice for this quilt. I have had in my  ‘to do list’ a quilt with this kind of squares so here they are now.
patchwork stars
When I made these stars, I cut first stripes and then squares from them. There was some stripes left, so first time I used a little  colour also for the backing …
Now I understand better how you enjoy making the backing also like an other quilt. I only wish my fabric stash could be big enough for that! By the way, did you know that you can click photos to see them bigger.
Quilting by hand is one of the best parts! And again I was able to use different colours – even more fun! I have always loved stitching – every where – in bags, shoes, cloths any where!
Now the new born baby boy, my dear friends first grand child, has this quilt and all the family were happy and liked ‘Baby Stars’! And … I have a custom order for an other baby quilt … for a girl! I think I shall make it similar with this but perhaps not stars …
I think I could use few butterflies for the girly quilt! I have been also very lucky to sell the blue baby quilt ‘Ripples’ and two pillows from my etsy shop, ‘Jumping Dog’ and the ‘Pic Nic’ pillow! Thank you so much for the wonderful buyers!
'Baby Stars' quilt
Lucky Lucky Lucky me … again I have win! I won a jewellery from Emma’s give away! Emma is very talented artist and writes a beautiful blog ‘silverpebble’!She has etsy shop full of the most cute and beautiful creations! Thank you so much Emma! Emma was also featured in the latest ‘Country Living’ – the magazine we all enjoy so much!
Also I like to say big thank you for Maureen, who is one my favourite bloggers! She makes so unique,happy and colourful crafts! Her blog is ‘Maureen Cracknell Handmade’ and I won fabrics from her give away! Thank you Maureen! Only thing is that I won them just when I was shopping fabrics in Finland and still they haven’t arrived here … I’m so affraid that they have got lost! But I hope the best and perhaps they still come because Nero got also once his Christmas present from Ronja (from Finland) after 2 months!
Summer is the most busy time here in Crete! It’s the hot holiday season and fortunately we have lots of lots of tourists even the economical situation is difficult for us who live here. Some people say that they are affraid to come here, but everything is like it used to be. There are no difficulties for tourists, everything is working like always and Crete and Greece is one of the best holiday places! Beautiful beaches, friendly people, the most delicious food, lovely nature, warm (hot) weather and so much sunshine!
So you can guess that I am also very busy and unfortunately can’t see you so often. I don’t want to say that I shall take a brake from blogging, because I miss you a lot. So I do my best and now and then I hop here … or I think it’s better I’ll ask Nero to do that! He has again ‘adventure’ – now he has an infection between two toes. I think something has scratch there and then it got worse. No we have ‘therapy’ moment every morning and evening. Washing, betadine, bactroban, clean white cloth, clean sock, some tape to hold them, lots of ‘nami nami’ (Nero’s sweets) and antibiot. He is such a good boy when I have to take care of him, but in the vet he tries to eat his vet!
surprised cat
I leave you with Nelli’s surprised face, because this really describes my latest weeks!So many things has happened … oh I miss my slow boring (why I said boring, it’s never boring here with 3 dogs and a cat and so much sewing) winter life!
Could you guess from this link, who was eating from Nero’s plate last Sunday afternoon?! Yach!!!
Thank you so much for being the most wonderful friends and readers! I wish you the best ever summer and happy holidays! I shall visit you often … perhaps too tired to comment every time … but I’m there some where …

TEJE 


Photobucket

17 comments:

Kirsten said...

Beautiful quilt Teje - love those stars !

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love stars and I love squares - the perfect combo. I've added this to my to-do list!!

Naturally Carol said...

Yay Teje! This is a beautiful quilt and anybody would be proud to own it.

Susan said...

I love the combination of stars and squares! All that white space is also very calming!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! I think it's perfect.

beaquilter said...

love the quilt! it's so modern! great job

giddy99 said...

It's lovely! and I would agree about the hand-quilting - it's the part I'm looking forward to (I'm still new).

CathyK said...

LOVELY quilt!!!!

Svetlana said...

what an adorable quilt, Teje. Love that wonderful cluster of stars!

Richard Healey said...

That is a beautiful quilt I love the mix of the boxes and the star's I am sure it will be a favorite for the baby that get's it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

Teje Karjalainen said...

Thank you so much Heather and Megan for featuring my baby quilt! And my warmest thanks for all the lovely comments! xxx Teje

Jessica said...

Love!!! And I love that shot from the back of the top :) (from the ground, it looks like)

Cherie said...

Such a cute quilt! I love the mix of colours and how it could be used for both a boy or a girl =D

Melanie said...

What a lovely quilt!

Unknown said...

Love those stars! And I'm just getting to the previous post too... love that ball and square..Oooh I hope there's a tutorial!

Claire Jain said...

Beautiful quilt :-) The hand quilting is a lovely touch!

Becky McCoy said...

Do you have a pattern or tutorial? This is exactly what I was looking for for a 'twinkle, twinkle' quilt for a gift.