Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Simple Baby Blankets

More projects to share!  When I got my hands on Sarah Jane's new line, Out to Sea, my brain went crazy.  I mean nuts.  Combine that with my brain being on baby baby baby I wanted to make several blankets for my sweet baby girl.  


As I was thinking and looking for inspiration I had several styles of receiving-type baby blankets that I wanted to make for her.  Trims, prairie points, rounded corners and mitered corner...even a super simple patchwork quilt.  


Ultimately I decided to make them a pattern!  Four different styles, with two different sizes to make each one.  I've got them backed in minky and flannel.  I am so pleased with how they turned out!  The patchwork map blanket and mitered corners blanket are car seat size, perfect for new baby (30" x 30").  The Prairie Points blanket and sweet mermaids with the ruffle trim (isn't it fabulous?? I love that trim, Joanns!) are crib size, 35" x 40".



There you have it!  This baby girl has more stuff than anyone else in our house I think!  She is going to be so fancy everywhere she goes :)


Simplel Baby Blankets Pattern can be found in our shop.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Best use EVER of the world print! Love them all!

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

I love these...very cute! For patch work map blanket you could use a charm pack for the small squares!

Cherie said...

Wow that's a lot of blankets!! All so cute, loving those trims =D

Books_Bound said...

I love all of the unapologetic pink. :) Only one of my friends has had a baby girl so far, and she's definitely not a "pink" type of mama! If I ever have babies and one is a girl, you can bet she'll get all this girlie goodness. :) I especially love the map quilt! It's neat to have the contrast of something antique and usually somewhat masculine in such a girlie color.

Dale Thompson said...

The most common material used for towels due to its softness, absorbency, and durability. Cotton towels are available in various types, including Egyptian cotton, Turkish cotton, and organic cotton.
Microfiber: Known for its ultra-soft texture and excellent absorbency, microfiber towels are lightweight and quick-drying, making them ideal for travel or sports.