Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lucky Stars QAL! Join us!!

 The day has finally arrived! Okay, so maybe you haven't been waiting, but Megan and I have worked hard on these quilts and our Lucky Stars Quilt-A-Long, we really hope you will join us!


We created our quilts from the beautiful Happy Go Lucky fabric line from Bonnie and Camille, for Moda fabrics. We thought it would be fun to use the same fabric line and pattern but show how different they can look in different colorways!  What do you think??


Heathers Lucky Stars quilt finish.  LOVE it! I worked hard the last week!


We've both fallen madly in the love with this pattern (and with each other's quilts).  There's already discussion of switching at some point.


Megan's Lucky Stars quilt finish. Love the navy background. Makes it all "pop!"


One of our sponsors, Christa Quilts has put together Lucky Stars Starter Kits for those of you wishing to quilt along. Each kit contains 1 Jelly Roll plus 1 Layer Cake of Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille. She's offering them at a special price of just $74.95 which includes free US shipping (discounted int'l shipping)! On top of that, use code STORY at checkout to save an extra 10% on your entire order so that you can purchase background fabric or other supplies.


The plan
every Wednesday
Week 1 June 5th:...................Introduction
****2 week hiatus to complete any missing steps or full quilt assembly****
Week 8 August 7th................Lucky Stars Quilt Top link-up
Week 9 August 14th..............Winners Announced

Quilt Tops must be linked up by Tuesday August 13th 10 pm MST to be prize eligible
if you do not have a blog or ability to link up please email us a photo of your quilt top with the subject "Lucky Stars Quilt Top" and we will link it for you

The prizes
Those who finish their quilt tops by the end of the Quilt A Long will be entered in to win prizes from these amazing sponsors!!  Hip hip hooray!


Photobucket





Photobucket


five monkey fabrics

Get a jump start and head over to Christa Quilts for a starter kit!  Or start organizing your stash and thinking of what prints you'd like to use!

Instagram
Don't forget to follow us.  Heather's @quiltstory and Megan's @quiltstorymeg
Post your progress and use the hashtags #quiltstory and #luckystarsQAL

Feel free to share these images on all the social networks!  :)  This is our first QAL and we want it to be a success because we both want to do it again.
What do you think, are you in????
Photobucket

27 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful quilts. Looks like fun. I hope I can join.

Hilary said...

The quilts look amazing! Looking forward to participating in this QAL :)

Hilary

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love this quilt! Well done, you two! Have fun with the quilt along.

Unknown said...

Your quilts are both beautiful and fun...yes i look forward to participating in this QAL..

hafza said...

I have to look at the fabric requirement...hope I have enough to join the fun.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Heather, your quilt turned out AWESOME!!!!!! (Meg, Heather was whining about how her's would not be as cute as yours.... and your's ROCKS!) SUPER awesome! I may have to make one with my fq bundle of Happy Go Lucky but make mine more red and yellowish ;D

UKMUMINUSA said...

💗Gorgeous, hope I have time spare to join in.

Anjeanette said...

Ooh I love them both! Let's see...can I add another thing to my never ending to do list...I really want to!

Paula said...

I'm not ready to participate in a quilt-along yet, but I'm looking forward to following along and seeing all the wonderful blocks/quilts!

Gabriella said...

Yes I'm in of course!!!!

Great work and the quilts are stunning!!!!!

RobotMomSews said...

Eeek! They are both beautiful! Love it! Looks like fun!

CathyK said...

I'M IN!!!!!!!! Super excited!

Judy said...

I am in! I have a layer cake, just need a jelly roll and some extra fabric. This has really given me the quilt boost I needed. Haven't sewn for about 3 months. Thank you, Thank you.

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

I love both of these quilts! Fabulous pattern. I really want to be in!
Amanda

Catherine said...

I'd love to try (your quilts are BEAUTIFUL), but have a question. I've only made one quilt and it was super basic (just stripes). What skill level would you rate this quilt? Is it something that a beginner would have luck with or do you think it would be too challenging?

Wendy said...

Oh, also meant to ask how big is this quilt??

Marcia W. said...

Beautiful quilts - need to see where I stand on committments because there are multiple qals that I really really want to attempt ... but with terminal cancer I need to set boundaries on what I tackle.
mlwright29(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amanda @ BedTime Quilting said...

Hi, I as wondering what the dimensions are and if it still counts if I make it even bigger?

Marianne said...

Sounds good! I think I'll be joining!

Michele said...

Love the idea. I just don't have time to join a QAL right now. Hopefully next time.

Mary Menzer said...

I want to be in! I'm hoping to keep up - because prizes are fun to win!

~Shayna~ said...

I definitely want to participate in this QAL do I have to do anything to participate? As in sign up anywhere?

Unknown said...

Was it yesterday, or is it next wed when you give the fabric requirements?

Deb said...

I'm in! Do we need to sign up somewhere?

tealeafquilts said...

I'm confused; Do we get cutting instructions today or do we need to sign up somewhere else?

Unknown said...

Are the cutting instructions posted somewhere?

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالخفجى
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل