Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

LUCKY STARS QUILT A LONG- Fabric Requirements

Hello friends! We have had good feed back and know that many of you will be quilting along with us, we are really excited about doing this. This is our first Quilt A Long!  You know this is exactly what your summer needs..so join along! :)



FABRIC REQUIREMENTS
Quilt size 56" x 76"

1 Jelly Roll (or at least 30- 2.5" x WOF strips)
1 Layer Cake (or at least 25- 10" squares)
2 1/2 yards main background fabric
5/8 yard binding

Wanted to mention, this quilt would lend well to scraps you already have. Feel free to mix and match what you have, you will just need it is the amounts listed above. Email us with any questions!


Christa Quilts $20 gift card

Christa Quilts still has some Lucky Stars Starter Kits for those of you wishing to quilt along. Each kit contains 1 Jelly Roll plus 1 Layer Cake of Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille. She's offering them at a special price of just $74.95 which includes free US shipping (discounted int'l shipping)! On top of that, use code STORY at checkout to save an extra 10% on your entire order so that you can purchase background fabric or other supplies.

Boom.  That's a deal.

And I dare you to imagine this quilt in your scraps!  You certainly do not have to use the new Happy Go Lucky line!  This pattern totally lends itself to a scrap quilt!  Use up all those extra HST's from the last quilt you made :)  It'll be fun!

Here is a button for ya'll to grab if you wish:


Quilt Story

And if you are not tempted yet, how about this:

Anyone who finishes their quilt top is entered to win a prize from the following shops.
For reals.

There are 8 different shops with $50 prizes. Gasp!

Connecting Threads $50 Gift Certificate

Photobucket
Fat Quarter Shop $50 Gift Certificate

A Joyful Soul Fabrics $50 Gift Certificate

Mad About Patchwork $50 Gift Certificate

Southern Fabric Fabric Bundle

The Stitch Sanctuary $50 Gift Certificate

Photobucket
Poppy Seed Fabrics $50 Gift Certificate

Five Monkey Fabrics $50 Gift Certificate

Next week: Cutting Requirements!
Lucky Stars QAL every Wednesday

Photobucket

12 comments:

Catherine said...

I don't have a jellyroll or charm pack, so I was hoping to use existing fabric in my collection. Do you have a suggestion for how many different prints I should cut from? Do the 30 strips need to be 30 different fabrics or do you think it would be okay to get six strips from five fabrics?

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I don't know if I'll be able to actually participate in the quiltalong (first priority is a baby quilt for babe due in Sept) but I adore this quilt and have the perfect fabric in mind. Can you tell me the dimensions? I'll want to make my quilt a bit bigger (for picnics/firework watching with kiddos) and need to figure out how much extra fabric to buy or if a jelly roll/cake will be enough to make it a little bigger.

Also--how long will the quiltalong run? Thanks!!!

Far said...

Looks Like Fun. Im Going To Follow Along At A Slower Pace. Plus I Love Making Quilt Topper. How Big Is This One Going To Be With The Amount Of Fabric YouListed?

Julianne said...

Could I use charm packs instead of the jelly roll for this?

Hilary said...

I'm really excited! I just got an adorable FQ bundle that I think I am going to use for this :)

Gabriella said...

I'm very excited!!!!
I'm looking forward to start!!!!

the gathering girls said...

so much fun....can't wait to get started!

Marianne said...

I have a jellyroll I want to use for this so I will have to get hunting for some matching layer cake sheets and the rest. Excited!

Deanna said...

I am thinking to quilt along scrappy style! Great design.

Mary Menzer said...

So I am going to use some FQ I already had, but ordered the coordinating jelly roll of Lotta Jansdotter - I'll still need to decide on a background color. Maybe I don't need to decide that yet? I hope not, I have bolts of white and black, I will have to buy if I'm using another color and I wold like to see one of my blocks made first. Decisions decisions.

Cori said...

I will be using fabric from my stash. Fun,fun,fun, love quilt along.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Your website is really good at teaching fabrics. That beautiful pattern is very good.ดูหนังออนไลน์