Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 18, 2010

Jelly roll quilt, Lily's Quilts...

This is Lynne from Lily's quilts in the UK. Meg and I are half Brit's, so we have a fondness for the UK. We get mad at my Dad for not raising us there, think how cute our accents would be!  Back to Lynne, she has some super cute projects on her site, she is very good with fabric combinations, be sure to check her out.  Thanks Lynne...

Hi, I'm Lynne from Lilys Quilts (http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/) in the UK. The quilt I have decided to show on My Quilt Story was not the first one I finished but was the first one I started. The quilting bug bit me on 22 February of this year. I know that's the date because I have the invoice on my computer for a moda Authentic Layer Cake I ordered. But I couldn't wait for it to come to get started so I jumped in the car, headed up to our LQS, bought a mat, a cutter, a Sandi Henderson Farmer's Market jelly roll and some white fabric for sashing. I dashed home, hefted my ancient sewing machine down from the loft into the dining room, sat down and got started.

I had the quilt in mind I was going to make. I'd seen it on the Moda Bake Shop. It is called I'm Blushing and was designed by Natalia Bonner from Piecenquilt and made from a Moda Blush jelly roll with a white jelly roll for sashing. Natalia's version is a stunner, especially when you see the quilting up close which I haven't even tried to emulate, being way out of my league.


I couldn't get hold of a Blush jelly roll but was really happy with the substitute I'd found. It's a brighter, brasher more in-your-face version of Natalia's quilt. It's a quilt just for me, for my own pleasure and hangs on the wall in our kitchen. Sounds selfish I know but I love it too much to give it away.


The one thing I haven't been able to do is to come up with a name for it. It can't be I'm Blushing because it's not made from Blush. It would be great if your readers could come up with a suggestion!



8 comments:

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

very very pretty ! I just decided earlier to try one of these , different jelly roll ! just ordered it ! And now I found yours and know I made the right decision !!! did you send this picture to Natalia ?

Megan said...

LOVE the bright colors. Great pattern too...thanks for sharing!!

Jennifer said...

So pretty! I love the colors you chose!

Jennifer :)

Heather said...

Love this quilt and all the bright colors!

ktquilts said...

Stunning!! Just love Sandi Henderson, and this quilt makes it look wonderful! Great job!!

Blessings,

KT

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! Don't feel guilty Lynne, you should keep some of your quilts, good for you! How about "Fresh Picked" for a name since you used Farmer's Market Jelly roll and your Fresh take on this awesome design!

SewSara said...

That is absolutely BREATHTAKING! I love it so much. This was your first quilt?! wow, I'm impressed!
Thanks so much for sharing.

And p.s. Meg and Heather -- I'm glad you weren't raised in the UK or else we probably wouldn't have ever met. cheery-o!

Richard Majece said...

I like to look for different useful info online. For example, here I found advices about writing response paper and I am going to write it soon.