Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Scrappy Quilt from Jodi...

We've loved looking at Jodi from Pleasant Home's blog and we came across her Scrappy 2008 quilt. We think it's pure genius. Great idea and look at this beautiful quilt!

I decided in early 2009 to start making a quilt each year with the previous years scraps.


Many of my projects get sold or go to friends and family. But every time I make, sew, or quilt something I always pick fabrics I like. And a lot of love goes into those projects as well. Sometimes it's really hard to part with some of them!


So I decided I would make a Scrappy Quilt with all those scraps and be able to have a part of each project with me. This is my 2008 Scrappy Quilt. I made it in January of 2009 with scraps of fabric from my 2008 projects. There is no pattern.



I was inspired by all the wonky log cabinish blocks I saw in blog land and went from there. I started with a square or rectangle and just kept adding strips, trimming, adding, trimming, until I achieved the right size block. Then I found a great piece from one of Mark Lipinski's line's and used it for part of the border and backing. I think it goes so well with the quilt. I also used more left over scraps to piece the outside border. It was much fun experimenting with colors. I put colors together I never though I would. And it just got better.



I have decided to make one each year. I am in the process of gathering my scraps from 2009 to make my Scrappy 2009 quilt. (running a little behind this year). (although I haven't decided if I'll make the same pattern, or do something different) ???



This 2008 Scrappy Quilt is one of my top 10 favorites! I love how bright and fun it is. And I recognize each piece of fabric in it and they all bring back some really good memories.

Thank you so much Jodi for sharing how you created that amazing quilt! Hop on over to Pleasant Home to find more inspirational ideas.

14 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE your idea, and may steal it! :) It turned out so great, and I can imagine all the happy memories those fabrics will bring you!

Kim D. said...

Very pretty, love your scrappy quilt!! It's so bright and cheerful!

Pup Pup said...

This quilt is AMAZING!

Beth said...

I absolutely love this quilt! Very very cute and so fun to have so many colors together!

Needled Mom said...

I have loved Jodi's work for so long now. Thanks for recognizing her talent.

Sherri said...

Love this quilt of Jodi's...and happy to have found this great blog!

Unknown said...

I am s0 inspired by Jodis' scrappy end of year quilts!! I would love to follow her lead and give it a go!! Thanks so much for your post!
♥ Eileen

Simple Home said...

Beautiful blog and so fun, I get to be the 100th follower. I love all of the quilts!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sara said...

wow, i love it!
what a great idea.
i have been wanting to do a true scrap quilt (i, too, give away or sell a lot of my creations).

Thanks for sharing!

becca said...

I love this quilt and have since I first saw it sometime ago!! Just beautiful!!

Laurel H. said...

I just love this quilt!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Just love the idea, and your quilt is really lovely!!!
You make so many lovely projects, and I will be back to visit :o)
Laila

Linda said...

What a fabulous quilt! I love Scrap quilts but this one gives the appearance of a quilt made to a specific pattern, not one just made from scraps. Super!

prashant said...

It's so bright and cheerful!
Contextual Ad Network India