Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

2 Quilts for 2 Girls from a quilt is nice


Super sweet quilts and sweet stories from Nettie of a quilt is nice.  Nettie is a stay at home mommy of three cuties and has been quilting for 10 years.  She has a finished quilts list that most quilters (especially me!) would be covetous of!! :)  Hard to pick a favorite but this crazy geese quilt is definitely at the top!  Also see Nettie's tutorials for some great quilting tips too!  Thanks Nette!
 
My oldest daughter is 7 years old, and just before she was born I made her this baby quilt.  She LOVED that thing (still does).  It went everywhere with us, church, grocery store, airplanes, bed.  It was her number one comfort item.  Over the years it has suffered from wear, and eventually she didn't "need" it as much.  But it was still always in bed with her. 
Fast forward 5 or so years and my 2 year old discovered how soft and cuddly it is, and pretty much stole it from her big sister.  Luckily she just likes it for sleeping, but it has always bugged her older sister.  I haven't been super fond of it either.  It's pretty ragged, and I don't want to see it completely wear out.
One day, my 7 year old suggested I make a new one for my 2 year old.  I thought that sounded like a fair plan, so we went to work making a new one for Christmas.  At first I wanted to make it as close to exact as I could, but decided I didn't want to buy any fabric for this project, so really only the pattern is the same.
I kept warning my 7 year old that this might not work.  Her sister might not care for a new, crispy quilt.  She might just want her older sisters quilt that is broken in and soft.
But you know what, it worked.  My 2 year old loves her new quilt and was even willing to give back the old one!  Yay!
I love both of these quilts, they seem so sentimental to me.  I keep wondering if I'll have to make another version for our next baby.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Little Penpen said...

gorgeous little girl quilt!!! love, love, love!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

They are both adorable!! I'm crushing off the fabrics in the new one :)

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

what a great story and pretty quilts :)

Cherie said...

What cute quilts! She should probably make one for he next child =D

Kristi said...

Wonderful story about your girls!!!

Nicky said...

Both beautiful quilts - they don't yet know how lucky they are!

Anonymous said...

Might want to start making that third one now. You know it's going to be necessary!

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Cute story, beautiful quilts. Daughters are awesome:).

yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
golden goose sneakers
curry 6 shoes
golden goose outlet
jordan 13
stephen curry shoes
lebron shoes
golden goose sneakers
kobe basketball shoes
yeezy 500

tewethot said...

click to read Celine Dolabuy go to my blog have a peek here Clicking Here Goyard Dolabuy

dythesh said...

v1d18f5h67 h9o28h0y07 j8l60p8j23 d9x74q5i56 e9r95v3g63 s8j69a3t05

seero said...

n7p68c8r53 o7i07j4p76 y8r35b3w64 u9u81r6p68 s3p07b0o91 j5d08o1r69