Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Twister Quilt from A Quilting Jewel


One of the fabulous things about doing features weekly not only is inspiration...but it reminds me of projects I want to do! :)  I had a Twister Quilt on my list for a while and I forgot about it until I saw this quilt by Jen from A Quilting Jewel!!  I love the design, love the bright colors (It's A Hoot is such a great line!) just love it all!  Jen is a modern quilter with a great list of completed quilts and some awesome free patterns and tutes.  Check out A Quilting Jewel!

This weekend I finished putting the binding on my twister quilt.

I love the way it came out.  I used two It's a Hoot charm packs for the twister portion.  I then used coordinating fabric for the binding and backing.  The white around the outside of the quilt is a Kona white.

I quilted this little quilt on either side of the horizontal and vertical seams.  I was trying to think of some way to play off the twisting pinwheels, and realized that with this type of quilting, the quilting would go through the long point of every pinwheel.

 I love this mini quilt.  I think it would be a perfect baby quilt.  I know so many people having babies this year, so who knows, it could wind up being for one of them.

I can see myself making more of these twister quilts in the future.  They come together so quickly and look great.


Photobucket

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those quilts! Great job.

beaquilter said...

oh I really need to get out my TWISTER, I've only made one project half way and it was so ugly I tossed it....

Liz DandeliondD said...

Its gorgeous. And one of my favourite fabric lines. This is definitely my new favourite baby quilt xxxx

Wendy said...

I'm seeing so many of these twister quilts lately, but this one is so colorful and fun. I just love the quilting on it!

Suburban Stitcher said...

beautiful! i love that line too...one of their best, i think.

Becky said...

I am really liking all the color going on and the 'twisting' just makes it so fun. Great job!

Laura said...

I love it. I have two Twisters (a small and a large) and I was wondering how to quilt them. This is GREAT!

Cherie said...

Love the quilt! The pattern is so effective showing off the fabrics =D

I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

Anonymous said...

Very nice....I like the quilting and colors~ ♥♥♥

QuiltNut Creations said...

I have had a Twister for too long and have yet to try it out. I just might have too after seeing your lovely quilt.

Cliodana said...

beautiful quilt, love the quilting and the color you used. good work

Cliodana said...

beautiful quilt, love the quilting and the color you used. good work

cinzia said...

lovely little quilt. the fabrics are so pretty.

I quilt 4 fun said...

Love your quilt and the colors! I have both sizes of the twister template, but have not used it yet. Did you use two entire charm packs? What size did your quilt turn out. It seems like there is quite a bit of wasted fabric. thanks.

it's d'Joy.One Creation said...

I love how you quilted your twister I was about to pay to have one longarmed but you just saved me bunches of $.... thanks LOVE YOUR QUILT