Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 7, 2012

May's Block of the Month, Hourglass


May's Block of the Month

Theme: Hourglass

Join our  Block of the Month series you are not too late!

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks in this series.   As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group.  And PS the linky party will be open for a YEAR! 

Here is what Heather and I came up with:

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
Four Corners page 115
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller

I think this block for May could look really cool done in a quilt with just this block.  I love the diamond shapes it creates! :)

Here are all of my blocks thus far

Notice anything different? Probably not :)  But I did change one block, here is a before and after:

I decided that I'm going to have the soft aqua as my main solid/background. I'll use a lot of gray too with pops of green and orange.  I just decided that the green was too loud and would stand out more than I wanted it to.  It's been a different experience for me creating just one block at a time with no plans for future blocks.  I'm learning a lot!! :)

Heather's Block
12" x 12"
Combination Star page 70
Fabric: Ooh La La from Michael Miller

I love how bright and cheery Heather's blocks are!!  I have to admit the fabric line was a little much for me initially, but seeing how she pairs the colors and uses the white, it's fabulous!  I have myself a stack of Ooh La La and I think it would make an awesome bag!

And here are her blocks thus far, March, April and May.  FUN!!!


The block theme for June is FLYING GEESE

Heather will be making the block Toad in a Puddle pg 251.

Megan will be doing a TUTORIAL.  I meant to have a digital image for you so you could decide if you wanted to wait and make it.  Sorry it's too late for me!!  The tutorial will be posted Thursday May 17th.

Time to link up your blocks!  Go HERE to link and to see others blocks!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rosa said...

They are fantastic!!

Cherie said...

Great blocks! I have to make mine for this month =D