Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Darling girl's quilt by From Three to Insanity

Julie of From Three to Insanity is such a fun read!! I love when I get features that I read the whole thing without even thinking :)  Super sweet quilt and super sweet room :)  Check out From Three to Insanity, her darling shop and her flickr after reading her feature! :) Thanks Julie!


I'm lucky Sprout's so patient, because I've been working on her quilt for the better part of the year.  It's been 9 months since I first saw the inspiration for it while we were running errands together.   And it was well on it's way 6 full months ago when I made the label for the quilt quilt.  I had hoped to have it done for her 3rd birthday back in July.  Wishful thinking. 


But now, just under the wire for the year, it's done.  The pink and orange combination that I love so much looks perfect in the [very] pink room that she loves so much.  


The quilt is filled with lots of my favorites - AB Full Moon Dots, Swell, Mendocino, FMF, Cake Rock Beach, Tula Pink Ladybugs, and tons of other goodies that I thought would be harder to cut up than they actually were.  It's backed with a Valori Wells flannel that I wouldn't have chosen but that you did, and is bound with these dots that I recently went a little overboard with.  They ended up being perfect. 
  

Finished size after a trip through the dryer is 60" x 83" - it's a bit narrow since she doesn't use a box spring, but it's definitely twin-sized, and is by far the largest quilt I've ever stuffed through the tiny shank on my machine quilted myself.  The quilting is hard to see, but at random intervals I've traced the inside of the squares.  I'd say maybe 60% of them have quilting and the rest do not.  This loose quilting has made for a great drape.


I love it, (and so does Ginko) and I hope that my sweetie-pie girl does, too.
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

What a beautiful quilt! That's one lucky girl!!

Longvacation said...

It's beautiful. I love that you used a color other than white to sash.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

love it ! And I am sure she will too!

randi--i have to say said...

Oh, this is a precious quilt!

Cliodana said...

the colors are wonderful so bright perfect for spring. beautiful quilt

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the feature this morning and for the kind comments!! xo

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

ooh! What a great quilt!!!

Cristina said...

I love it!!!
kisses from Spain

cinzia said...

what's not to love about a quilt that mom made with so much love! it's so lovely!

Cherie said...

The quilt is gorgeous! love how all the colours blend so well with each other =D

**nicke... said...

what a beautiful quilt for a sweet little girl!

LYNN said...

This is so cute. I just came across your and saw this quilt - it's beautiful! I was looking at the brick pathway my hubby finished the other day and thinking it would make a great quilt.

Lynne said...

The dark brown sashing just makes those other colour all the more soft and sweet!

yanmaneee said...

jordan sneakers
supreme new york
birkin bag
supreme clothing
kyrie irving shoes
yeezy 350
golden goose sneakers
yeezy supply
moncler
kobe byrant shoes