Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fabric Tuesday, and Uncle Dean update...

Megan and I wanted to say thank you for all the kind comment's and votes you all helped us out with for our Uncle Dean last week. This is his family on Father's Day. They woke him up to tell him he WON! He gets to be in the Kona Ironman!!! HAPPINESS! THANK YOU over and over again!

Photo: We woke our Dad up this morning SCREAMING... Literally.

BEST FATHERS DAY PRESENT EVER!!!

He WON!!!! He won he won he won he won!!!!!!

Thank you so much everyone for every vote every share every comment. Everything. HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




On to my crafting life. Busy week here. Summer is in full swing. Camps, family gatherings, birthday's...just been crazy busy around here!  Also, over the weekend it was cool, like 70's. I knew I had to get out and work on a dresser that has been in my garage for over 6 months. Here is my instagram pic...I will show you the finish soon...


Also my brain can't even remember if I showed these pillows yet, for my niece who moved back with her family....(we miss her)


Isn't she darling?


Also made this paper pieced Union Jack pillow for my Sister's birthday last week. If you follow on Instagram, you have seen the finish. If not, I will post it later this week with nicer pics from my camera. 


Here are some of the wonderful things you all have been up too...


That looks like it needs stitches mod GeoCruiser...just epic!



Quilted Applique Sign

Water Penny's hoop art. I have been wanting to make some hoop art lately!


From Charlotte's Grace for a cure (who we featured yesterday) This darling finish! LOVE
Photobucket



22 comments:

Susan said...

YES......go Uncle Dean!!!!! Keep us posted please!

Sara said...

Congrats!!!! So happy for your family!! I bet ya'll are over the moon that he is going to be able to run in the Iron Kona Man!!

The dresser is looking great so far. Lots of character.

Paula said...

Congratulations Uncle Dean!

And that Charlotte's Grace quilt is beautiful!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Can't wait to see more about the unionjack, that is on my to do list. Thanks for the link up!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Congrats to your Uncle Dean! And that Union Jack looks awesome!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Jeneta said...

It was such an honour to vote for your Uncle Dean. I'm thrilled that he is able to participate in the Kona Ironman! What a wonderful family you have.

Lauren Deel said...

Yay for Uncle Dean!!! And I LOVE the pillows!

Kasey said...

As a runner, and as someone who lost a parent to cancer, his story hit home. GO, DEAN, GO!

Now, who is going to make a swim bike run quilt for him?

Love the featured quilts today.

Julie Thompson said...

Yeah! I am so excited that he won a spot in Kona!!!

claudia said...

I am so happy for your uncle Dean! YAY!!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I'm so happy for your uncle! So beautiful sweet pillows and last weeks projects are amazing! x Teje

RobotMomSews said...

Yay!!!!! So happy your Uncle Dean won! That's so awesome!!

CathyK said...

You go, Uncle Dean!!! So happy for him!!
Beautiful quilts and projects!

Karen said...

Well Done Uncle! The dresser is looking good. :o)

Nikki said...

I'm thrilled that your uncle is going to Kona. Please update us after the race!

FabricFascination said...

Hooray for Uncle Dean!

Turid said...

Congratulations to uncle Dean!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

such great news about Uncle Dean. I shared it on Facebook and hope it helped get him some votes.

Kathleen O'Grady said...

That is so wonderful about your Uncle Dean, I am very happy for him. Looks like you have been very busy. The dresser looks awesome so far. I love the pillows you made for your niece and the Union Jack one also.

DanaK ~ WaterPenny said...

So happy to hear about your Uncle - and thanks for sharing my hoop art! All those projects are so beautiful!

VickiT said...

How awesome! I bet he is just thrilled! Congratulations Dean!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Your website is really good at teaching fabrics. That beautiful pattern is very good.ดูหนังออนไลน์