Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 7, 2013

Jenniffier's Sometimes Creative Life- Zig zag quilt...

Jenniffier from Jenniffier's Sometimes Creative Life completed this fun zigzagged quilt earlier this year. I of course love the color combo. I like this zig zag quilt because they are two different sizes. Jenniffier is a quilter/crafter/photography kind of gal, love that! Here are some fun tutorials, completed sewing projects here, be sure to visit her blog...

I am so excited to say I have my first finish of 2013. I was hoping to have this one done last month but it just didn't work out that way. 

Zigzagged Quilt

This quilt is made from the empty bobbin pattern called zigzagged. Yeah I know I could have come up with another name for my version, but that name it just perfect. Zigzagged is probably an early intermediate  pattern because you have to get all those flying geese to turn out the same size and at two different sizes. 

Zigzagged Quilt with Suzie inspecting it

Suzie of course took her time inspecting my work. 

close up zigzagged quilt

Which, was very important because this is the first quilt that I have quilted this much. I did a different design in each size of zigzag and totally different design in the open spaces. For the small zigzags I did squiggles. While for the big zigzags I did loops. As for the open space I used a paisley design. I felt like this quilt, with all of its negative space, needed at lot of quilting. 

I wish I could have got better pictures, but since it was raining this was the best I could do.

Full Length Zigzagged Quilt


Quilt Stats:
Name: Zigzagged 
Size: 50" x 70"
Fabrics:  Solids, but the aren't bella or kona so I can't tell you the names. 
Binding: Denyse Schmidt, Chicopee, bleeding heart in green
Pattern:  Zigzagged by Empty Bobbin 
Quilting: by me, squiggles, loops, and paisley 
Started : October 2012
Completed: February 2013 


Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job - I have to ask, did the quilt and quilting meet with Susie's approval?!! ;-)

Jenniffier said...

Tamara - Yes the quilt did. I think she was most sad to see it leave our house. She even put her head on it while I was binding it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenniffier/8488688423/

Mary Menzer said...

I like your color choices

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the two different sizes.