Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Dress for a Little Lucy Lady

 I'm sooo excited to share this sweet little dress I made!  I'm quite proud of myself...it's the most ambitious clothing pattern I've attempted without my mommy.  Although I did call her :)


She will most definitely fetch eggs in this sweet dress!  It is a little big but should be perfect size in a couple months.


I simply adore this fabric!!  It's from Pam Kitty Picnic.  I got it from a really sweet shop, Strawberry Blossom Mercantile...she's got lots of really sweet prints including Lecien and sweet florals.




Full dress.  Pleated at the top and back, peter pan collar and a double layer at the bottom.  The pattern called for ric-rac but it didn't match this sweet floral dress and luckily I found a matching periwinkle trim!


I love her.  And yes she was spinning in it!! :)  How sweet is my Lucy??  I'd also describe her as feisty, loving, playful, funny, curious.... She's almost 18 months old, I can hardly believe it.  Our family certainly wouldn't be the same without her.  And I sure love having my girl!


I used Simplicity Baby pattern 1921 (Joann's for 99 cents!).  I did the blue dress on the right.  As you can see it had a large collar.  I cut it out and I just didn't like it. It overpowered the dress maybe? Too heavy? Any way I asked some of my best sewing friends and decided on altering it to a Peter Pan collar. I'm very happy I did!


And I'm ready to make my next one.  No such things as too many dresses right?


Thank you for taking the time to read our blog!!  Have a great day!!

Meg

Linking up to Kim's Fun Sewjo Saturday Party!!



18 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

The little one is adorable and the dress is darling!

Lorna McMahon said...

The dress is just too cute! And so is your Lucy!!! Love the periwinkle trim. That was a nice touch. And the alterations to the collar were a good call, too. Well done!

Staci said...

What a beautiful little one with those big brown eyes and sweet little pigtails. That little dress is darling, too!

needle and nest said...

I wondered if that was Pam Kitty! The dress is so sweet, and your daughter is adorable. Well done!

RobotMomSews said...

SOOOO Sweet and cute! It's the cat's meow!! :) Love that little Lucy girl - she's so adorbs!

CathyK said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!! You did an amazing job and it is quite obvious that Lucy loves it! Congratulations on a job well done!

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute!!!! I love your fabric choices.

Vicki said...

This little one is beyond precious! The dress is a winner.

Hilary said...

So adorable!

Sew HappyNess said...

Your Lucy is just divine. I have a little girl 6months older than Lucy and just can't imagine not having her in my life. We are truly lucky. Now what would be even better would be to conquer my fear of dress sewing so I could make clothes for Little Miss L. You have inspired me. Thank you.

Daytona Damsel said...

What a cutie, and the dress to. I agree the peter pan color and periwinkle trim looks perfect.

Quilting Dee said...

What a gorgeous Littlt Lucy in a cute dress! I loved sewing for my little girls. I have two grandsons now. Love them dearly......but....where is the little girl?!!

Studio V said...

Aww!! She and the dress are adorable! What a cutie you have!!

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

super cute dress! She is adorable!

Beverly said...

Adorable! I'm working on some clothes for my granddaughters too!

Brenda said...

No such thing as too many dresses for a little girl, especially if they are TWIRLY ones. Great dress, darling little girl.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Great job.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

You should leave here if you don't care about this but I recommend it.ดูหนังออนไลน์