Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Robot Mom Sews- Modern Foxy Chevron...

Love this quilt finish, love the photos. These come from Robot Mom Sews, a great quilting friend of ours. Kim is quilt a quick project finisher, always starting and finishing a new quilt. Love all her projects. She has a great little etsy shop where she sells many of her finishes. Be sure to check out Robot Mom Sews for some inspiration and eye candy. Thanks Kim!

This is my first completed quilt from the Library Quilt Along.  See my original post here.   It is my 6th item on my list and probably the easiest one. Haha. ;)

Modern Foxy Chevron

Chevron & On Kit
Photo courtesy of Quilty
#6 was the 'Chevron and On' from Quilty's Spring 2013 issue.  I love this quilt.   I decided to do extra large blocks..which I absolutely love doing larger scaled blocks.  It's so fast and fun.  I do think I will make another one, in the smaller version. 



I had originally ordered this Les Amis bundle quite some time ago, with this quilt in mind.  I love those foxes. LOVE THEM!  Speaking of foxes, stay tuned - I have a stuffed fox family surprise coming soon. :)

Also, thanks to everyone who gave their vote on whether this should have a border or not.  Definitely love it without the border.



Debating on the fabric for the back, I went with a teensy houndstooth print and an orange stripey binding, of course.


I also went totally outside of my comfort zone and did the solid orange, rather than white.  And I love it!
Straight lined quilting.  Simple.


How funny is this?  So my BIL had his newest automobile adventure delivered today.  He really REALLY loves to fix up cars.   I told Robot Child#3, while we were taking pictures, this quilt matches Uncle Bob's new van!  She giggled and said it does!  I said, let's go take a picture of the quilt with the van.  She said, okay but do you think Uncle Bob will get mad?  Of course not.  It is a perfect match and yah, we looked like weirdos but come on.... It couldn't have been more meant-to-be. Right?


Here's my list in simplified version:
1.  Heartthrob - Pattern by Lella Boutique. 
2.  Giggles - Pattern by Jaybird Quilts.  
3.  Cub Crawl baby quilt by Fat Quarterly.  Up Next!
4.  Flying Geese quilt from Modern Designs for Classic Quilts. 
5.  Math Facts - from the Quilty Winter 2012 issue.  
6.  Chevron and On - from the Quilty Spring 2013 issue.   Done!


Photobucket

10 comments:

RobotMomSews said...

Awww, thanks so much for featuring me my friends!! :) xoxoxo

RobotMomSews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carla said...

Hi!!! I love it all!!!!

Daytona Damsel said...

That is so cute. And I love the VW van. Great Job.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Love those little foxex! Perfect quilt for the orange van!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's gorgeous! Great finish :)

CaroleM said...

this is super cute. It's simple but looks wonderful for it. Did you/could you make it with a charm pack?

QuiltCandy said...

A gorgeous quilt Kim! Love those foxes! Fab photos too :-))

Anonymous said...

This is excellent! The boys in my family would love it. Orange is a popular favourite colour in our house.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

There are many other blogs but this site's content is the best.ดูหนังออนไลน์