Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 14, 2014

Merry Christmas Megan! (late)

Megan and I started a tradition a few years ago with our other sister to make each other Christmas gifts instead of store bought. I love this tradition. But more years than not, we are late, sometimes really late. 

This year of course, something way more important was on our mind than gifts, sewing or Christmas, being with our Dad


I started these in early December because I was going to be on time. I didn't finish, but it sure was nice to have them mostly done. As much as I want sewing and creating to be my therapy as I grieve, even that has seemed to hard most the time. 


I finally finished about a month ago and sent them to Meg. It brightened her day. It has been hard being so far from Megan during this time. 


Anyhow, these were the potholders from the amazing NanaCompany tutorial. I also learned the quilt as you go technique from a Craftsy class, I can't wait to do more. 


The red and aqua make me so happy!


Merry Christmas Megan!
Photobucket

16 comments:

amy said...

Those are so adorable!!!!! I'd love to know where the sweet deer silhouette is from.
I'm so very sorry for your loss, it must be comforting though to have sisters to grieve with. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Super Cute! x Teje

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

These are just adorable! I hope they gave you a smile while making them and your sister will surely appreciate them!

QuiltCandy said...

Oh these are so fabulous and I LOVE those cute little animals in the corners. The perfect finishing touch.

Unknown said...

Adorable, truly! Love the aqua and red!

Kim said...

Those are one of my favorite color combos. So so pretty!

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Love these! And the ruffles -- YUM!

Seraphym said...

Absolutely loving the colour choice! So gorgeous!

Beverly said...

So sweet! I love what you made.

Melody said...

Beautiful. Love your fabric choices.

SewPsyched! said...

Love crosses all borders :)) ps, my nephew is getting his Xmas quilt in April ;-)

Unknown said...

Love love love these! It's the animals and the quilted swirls (like winter wind) that won my attention. And presents can be given year round (they stand apart better)

Unknown said...

Love love love these! It's the animals and the quilted swirls (like winter wind) that won my attention. And presents can be given year round (they stand apart better)

Sheri said...

Very beautiful potholders! Great idea for a gift-- I'm participating in the handmade Christmas challenge and am on the lookout for ideas-- so thanks so much for your beautiful example and showing where to find the tutorial from Nana Co.

Unknown said...

Do you perchance sell these? I cannot make them--not THAT talented, lol. :-) But I LOVE them!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

You should leave here if you don't care about this but I recommend it.ดูหนังออนไลน์