Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fabric Tuesday Y'all!

Hi friends!! Welcome to another happy Tuesday to see some wonderful fabric-y eye candy and to share your own!! Usually we feature several link-ups from the previous week....but this week I'm being selfish.  I'm this way from time to time :)

I've recently finished 4 baby quilts and I'm sharing one a day this week!

Fly Away
40" x 49"
Outfoxed by Lizzy House (mainly)


I loooove this quilt.  It is a very different color palette for me, peach, burnt orange, pink, raspberry, lilac and eggplant!  But I truly love the end result.


It is a simple Flying Geese block. I do each unit on it's own.  I've tried units with less waste/doing more than one at a time.  But for my math to be spot on AND to get my points correct I do best the simple one-at-a-time way.
  

You can see each row just alternates direction.  Simple but still eye catching.  Simple is hard for me to do sometimes!!  I straight line quilted about every 2 inches.  Bound with the sweet lavender solid.  Backing a lovely Riley Blake chevron.


Hope you enjoyed me sharing a little more this week!  This quilt and all my quilts are available in our shop.  10% off if you use the code MEGSFRIEND

Fabric Tuesday #177
Come and share your fabric projects with us!!  





Photobucket

20 comments:

Dee said...

What a fun quilt! Love the colors...the binding and backing are just perfect!

Thanks for hosting! Always find encouragement and inspiration here!

Sarah Craig said...

Such a pretty quilt!! I love the colors, and flying geese are so much fun!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I love your baby quilt! Those colours are beautiful and I like the flying geese pattern. I prefer to work also block by block - not even chain piece anything. x Teje

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are some sweet geese! What a lovely baby quilt! Please send the Canadian Geese back up here now. Come on spring!!!

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful and the colors are wonderful.

Daytona Damsel said...

Love those colors. I like simple quilts. This one is a kkeper.

Andy said...

That is a gorgeous color combination - way outside of the color palette that I normally work with as well, but I love it! Great quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh goodness - that is a great quilt. I Love the color Combinations!!

Anonymous said...

I really love your color combos in that quilt!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Love, love, love the quilt Meghan... oh my the colors are awesome and the workmanship is perfect. Thanks for inspiring!

Lauren Deel said...

LOVE this!

Lauren Deel said...

LOVE this!

Celtic Thistle said...

Wonderful quilt, well deserving of a post on its own :)

Jessica said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! The geese are so cute :)

Ingrid Figueras (Sewing Lab) said...

I love your quilt!!

Elise Lea said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the background fabric you chose to go with the feature fabrics. It is simply stunning!

RobotMomSews said...

I love the colors in this one! SO pretty!!!

Sylvia said...

That quilt is to die for! I love the colors and the chevron backing is awesome.

Michele said...

It turned out really awesome. I like the color palette too.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love, love, love it. The colours are amazing together.