Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Good Golly Ginger - Christmas Medallion Quilt. BEAUTIFUL

Goodness! We had to feature this amazing quilt by Katie from Good Golly Ginger. Seriously how cute is this? She created this quilt, and is finishing up writing a pattern that she will soon have for sale. If you want to see more beautiful creations, with beautiful photographs, be sure to check out Good Golly Ginger regularly!!!

Home For Christmas Medallion Quilt
Over the weekend, I put the finishing touches on my new Home For Christmas Medallion quilt. 
ggg20141006_01web
I used Kona Cotton solids for all of the piecing.
ggg20141006_02web
Please ignore the horse manure in picture below. Yes, I will step in horse manure to get the perfect lighting for a photograph! It was worth it!
ggg20141006_03web
I love a quilt all rolled up. It's a bundle of happiness just waiting to be used.
ggg20141006_04web
The center star of the medallion is three concentric stars. This is surrounded by presents with colorful bows. The next border is peppermints. Christmas trees and corner ornaments surround the peppermints. A candy cane border surrounds all those Christmas trees. Finally, a border of bright suburban houses finishes the quilt with corner friendship stars.
ggg20141006_05web
I love that the quilt doesn't scream "Use for Christmas ONLY". It is more subtle, and I can use it for the entire winter season. Frankly, I'm sure this will stay in my living room year-round!
ggg20141006_06web
I free-motion-quilted the quilt with an all-over swirl design. It took seven bobbins of Isacord thread and two spools to finish all the quilting! The binding echoes the candy cane border.
ggg20141006_07web
Quilt Statistics:
Finished size: 85-inches square
Top fabrics: Kona Cottons in Snow, Aqua, Brown, Canary, Candy Pink Green Tea, Pond, Tarragon, Wheat, Grass Green, Rich Red
Back fabrics (not shown): Sugar Rush Christmas Candy in Pink, Sugar Rush Frosted Snowflakes in Green, Sugar Rush Gingerbread Dream in Pink, Sugar Rush Mini Swirls in Red
Binding fabric: Timeless Treasures Mini Series Red Bias Stripe
Piecing thread: Aurifil in White
Quilting thread: Isacord in White
Binding thread: Isacord in Red

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and support while creating this quilt. The blog community rocks! This week I will be writing the pattern for this quilt, and I hope to have it in my Craftsy shop really soon

Photobucket

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is just beautiful and the colors are wonderful for year round use.

Anonymous said...

That quilt certainly should be featured everywhere. Katie rocks!

Smultronbo said...

Beautiful quilt! Well done!

Daytona Damsel said...

I absolutely love it. It would be in my living room year round.

Kristen King said...

Oh do I love this!!! Great quilt!

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Great Job!

Lynette said...

Hehe! I didn't even see the horse manure - I was too busy ogling your quilt. :)

Carla said...

This is so fresh and fun! Well done

gibbygoo56 said...

Beautiful!

QuiltCandy said...

This is fantastic! I love that it's a Christmas quilt without being too Christmassy. Perfect for snuggling under all winter :-)

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous quilt!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

good site There are many visitors A lot of people want to know about this.ดูหนังออนไลน์

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Very good, this information has hidden knowledge.ดูหนังออนไลน์