Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Car Quilt and BQF!

This is an anniversary for Heather and I.  We met almost two weeks from today (my birthday) and this time last year we launched Quilt Story!  And our launch was right with Blogger's Quilt Festival and got us our first 100 followers.  This is one of my recent finishes and one of our newest quilt patterns.  


On the Go
46.5" x 46.5"

I designed this quilt for my sweet almost 4 year old boy Sawyer.  He is a lover of all things that GO!  He wants a convertible Mustang when he grows up.  He rarely walks from room to room in our home.  He is either on his scooter, trike, bike and just picked up rollerblading :)  *If* you can consider holding on to the wall for dear life while slowly pushing forward rollerblading!  For his birthday he's asked for a skateboard.  Goodness me.

unfortunately he snuggled the quilt for maybe a day and than it was whisked away, so no photo together :(

I wanted to make him a quilt that would be perfect size for a kid and have elements that he loved.  First I knew what I wanted, car, truck and helicopter.  I decided on snowball blocks around the outside because I wanted to show off the fabric, and also some simple piecing to make up for the applique.


Do you see that quilting?  Unfortunately I had to crop all of these from one photo so it's not the sharpest picture...but trust me the quilting is amazing!  I like to quilt my own quilts when possible on my ole machine, but when creating a pattern I really need the quilt to pop!  So it was off to my magical Aunt Wendy.  She put clouds in the sky, behind the car and truck are wave lines from their mufflers, the grass has little spikes, it just takes the quilt to a whole new level for me!




Here are a few fabric lines that are available in our sponsors shops that would work great in this quilt:


And the pattern for this quilt is available in our shop too!


Thank you for stopping by, and if this is your first visit from the Blogger's Quilt Festival we hope you come back!  Make sure to see all the other quilter's entries, so much fun to see.  And enter yourself!

Amy's Creative Side | Bloggers' Quilt Festival

Photobucket

60 comments:

Kristie said...

I have made 4 (!!) quilts from this line, and am still not sick of it, it is so fun! Great job with the applique at the center, and the quilting does rock!!

felicity said...

Totally fabulous - the quilt design, the quilting, the fabrics. I LOVE it!

Sarah Craig said...

What a wonderful "boy" quilt!! I love all the cute details you put in. Thanks for sharing!

Charity said...

So thankful you ladies started quiltstory. I love to read all the storys behind the quilts made.

Amy Friend said...

Oh, it's so sweet!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Very fun little boy quilt!

Janet said...

I know a 3 year old boy who is the same; my grandson loves anything that moves. Motorcyles are at the top of his list, then trains. I have been looking for a quilt to make for him and like your idea. I might emulate yours. I bet he loves it.

Carol said...

What a perfectly fun children's quilt.

JuliePickles said...

I love it!!! What an adorable little boy quilt!

Anita in Florida said...

ADORABLE !!

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

Oh, what a sweet quilt. I'm a sucker for applique quilts for kids. A lot of what I make is in that same category. I really love the octagons (I guess that's what I should call them) around the outside of the quilt. Squares would have made the applique focal point seem too boxed in I think. Very well done!!!

Pieces to Love said...

That is awesome. I love it. My son also loves anything on wheels, especially race cars. You did a wonderful job on it.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Um, cutest thing ever! LOVE it, love it, love it. The little car and the tree and the big squares to show off cute fabrics...perfection!

Anonymous said...

Love the center panel you made! Too cute!

Patty said...

This is very cute. Any little boy would just love this.

Q @ JAQS said...

This is awesome. I love that center applique - perfect.

stitchinpenny said...

I think you and Aunt wENDY NEED TO BE CONGRATULATED ON AN AMAZING COLLABORATION.

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

O, I love it!! So perfect for a little boy!!

Jocelyn said...

This quilt is too adorable!! Love it!

Eileen said...

This is just so darling and your little boy is adorable. Get that child a helmet if he doesn't have one. My son...now 37 and a doctor has been a daredevil his whole life but so far has survived. Boys and their toys. And a lucky little boy with a creative momma. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Jane said...

Wonderful quilt & wonderful boy! Thanks so much!

Allie said...

This is so darling - love the applique! Your son is adorable too, what a cutie-pie.

Lee said...

That is just ridiculously cute. Great design and the perfect fabric for it!

Mary said...

So adorable - both quilt and boy!

Jan said...

Fabulous, and boy would love it.

Kelli said...

cute quilt for such a cute fella!
I love the snowballs and aplique :)

Karen said...

This is a wonderful quilt for your little boy. Gorgeous colours and fabrics. Great quilting, too!

Unknown said...

How adorable! I love all the ways to 'go" in this quilt.

Emily said...

Adorable! Such a cute little boy too - I'm sure he's keeping you running!

Amy said...

I know about boys with wheels and motion! mine skateboards...The quilt is gorgeous!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

love your blog and quilts just not enough time in a day to see it all!!
I'll be following tho. Julie

Wendy said...

Adorable quilt. Adorable Sawyer.

Teresa said...

This quilt is so stinkin CUTE!! I love boy quilts and this is my new favorite! Thanks for sharing!

mathea said...

Sweet quilt for a sweet boy. I love that little helicopter - too cute!

sewhappiness said...

What an adorable quilt:)And a so sweet boy:) Just darling!!!

Unknown said...

That is such a darling quilt and an equally darling little boy.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Aww, how cute. :)

Quiltbenaco said...

Molto simpatica la trapunta, ma il bimbo è simpaticissimo!

Shay said...

LOVE the helicopter and the trees! This is a wonderful little boys quilt. Thanks for showing it off and inspiring me!

Kriza said...

such a cute quilt, great work!
Kristina
www.priscillacraft.blogspot.com

Manda said...

This is great! I love the applique in the centre!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it really is adorable... I've got some of this fabric I've had stashed... great idea!

Leila said...

Love the applique! I have 4 girls, so I don't have an excuse to buy any of this cute boy fabric. Drat! Maybe my SIL will have a baby boy. :)

Great pattern.

Linz said...

This is absolutly Darling!! So precious! Great quilt!!

Pattilou said...

Great quilt! Cute son! What a combination for sure! Loved how you did the quilt.

Carla said...

I know boys don't want to hear their quilt is darling, but it's darling! I love the whimsy and the lightness of it. Great work!

siobhan said...

It's beautiful :)

Shabby Marilyn said...

I love your quilt, my favorite quilts are for the little ones!
Great pattern, and well job done!

Unknown said...

It is so super cute! I love the helicopter!!!

KendasCrafts said...

That's really cute! My boy would love that.

Colleen said...

Beautiful quilt. I loved meeting you at market!

Deonn said...

Oh, that't an adorable quilt - saw it at market, so cute!! The sweetest use of this fabric I've seen. By the way, it was fun to meet you great gals, and had such a blast at Riley Blake's 80's party... though I haven't danced for years and my hinges kinda hurt the next day!!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

LOVE this!! I have 2 little boys and I am always so happy when I see cute "all boy" quilts!

PersimonDreams said...

so adorable! love it!

Stephanie Hughes said...

I love it!

Rachel said...

Great quilt!! I love the little applique pieces. I am really starting to dig applique and all the options it gives for a quilt. I am sure your son treasures this quilt.

Cheers!
Rachel
http://www.dewberrylane.com

Sherry said...

Too darn cute - the quilt & Sawyer! What a wonderful pattern.

Laura said...

Love this quilt - I really appreciate the applique! beautiful!

SarahB said...

What an adorable quilt! Love all the fun details!

sandra said...

A sweet quilt for a sweet little boy. Excellent job.