Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 9, 2011

Blue Elephant Stitches BowTie Quilt

This is our second feature of Jolene from Blue Elephant Stitches.  First one is a darling stack of place mats found here.  I love this quilt she's sharing today, so simple but interesting.  I love the bright colors and fabrics for the bow ties paired with the soft solids.  Just fabulous!  Anyway make sure to stop by Blue Elephant Stitches, take a look around and see her finished quilts and I for one cannot wait to see how this quilt of hers turns out.  So cute!!


This quilt top sat on the shelf for six months.  I contemplated not finishing cause it just wasn't looking that exciting.  I finally decided to finish it, and now it's my favorite of all my recent finishes!  Just goes to show that you can't judge a quilt by it's top!  


I had all these little triangles left over from some other project, and decided to make them into a quilt like this. I originally planned to use all one background color, but my infuriating habit of only buying half yards really came back to bite me here.  I had to keep adding more solid fabrics as I ran out of one, then another.  (I was originally planning on the creamy yellow)  

I really like it now though!  So maybe it wasn't such a bad thing...
 

And I used the last of my Bliss Aqua Polka dot flannel on the back. This stuff is so versatile,  I think I could use it on half the quilts I make.


Also we've got a new advertiser, Sew Obsessed, take a peek on our sidebar.  A cute sister duo with a successful quilt shop that they've now taken online.  I'm eying this stack of fabric...I don't think I can resist!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Oh, this is lovely! There's something sort of unexpected about it, but it really really works. Bookmarking this one for inspiration!

Karyli said...

I love, love it! I really like the different background colors. They work together so well and give the quilt a bit of life that a single colored back would lack. Love it!

nicole said...

This is really lovely! You wouldn't think these colors would work so well together but they do! Nice choice for the back too. I've been wanting to use flannel for the back of one of my projects. Good thing you pulled it off the shelf and shared. Thanks for the inspiration.