Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book Lovers!

Well didn't you know today is National Book Lover's Day!! Now I must admit, since becoming a mother I don't read much more than picture books.  I was the kid who read with a flashlight in my bed late at night.  I read lots of kid's series...Boxcar Children, Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High... :)

I read Hunger Games and none of the rest of the series.
I read the Twilight series but only half of the last book.
I read 3/4 of Harry Potter.

I try.

I still love to read, but these days it's kids books or quilting books to be honest! So I thought I'd share some of my favorites. Wouldn't you know it, it happens to be one I contributed too! :) 


Sweet Celebrations!  I'm excited to unpack my sewing room, there were a couple in here I wanted to make as gifts for Christmas! Better hurry on that...

I also contributed to Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe which is also a favorite.

Here are some on my wish list:



So tell me what quilting books do I need???  We're really into quilting techniques right now and blocks...what are we missing out on?

Photobucket

12 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Patsy Thompson has some awesome books and DVDs on free motion feathers! Check them out on her site. I too have Angela Walters first book... Isn't it great?

JoyceLM said...

Jinny Beyer's The Quilters Album of Patchwork Patterns is a great resource. I bought a copy for myself & then had to buy copies for my 3 sisters too.

Lee Ann L. said...

I wish I had a absolute favorite to pick; but, I just cannot. I don't really have any favorites. Thanks for sharing yours!

Anjeanette said...

So fun to see what everyone else started with!

Donna said...

Harriet Hargrave books are like Bibles. In the modern vein, I love the quilts I've seen by Elizabeth Hartman. Now you've mentioned more books. Yikes!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Loving the Angela Walters book, but you have to read the quilt mystery book by Terri Thayer, Wild Goose Chase. Death by rotary cutter!!! Hilarious:)

Nita said...

You had me at "the boxcar children" - that was my very favourite book series in elementary school. I burned many a flashlight battery reading those! I still remember the pink chipped cup. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I read those too :) And now it's only quilting books... and blogs.

momto1 said...

I'll second the Harriet Hargrave comment. I don't have the first three, but the fourth book is fabulous. I have a couple of her others that are not in the "quilter's academy" series, and they are just as informative. You NEED her books.

Unknown said...

Right now Pam and Nicky Lintott's books using pre-cuts are my favorites. I would love to visit their shop in London.

Elaine said...

Well Simply Retro is a winner! Quilting through it myself. Everything is fabulous and I'll be giving one away soon on the Friday Night Block Party on my blog.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ Anyone who wants to practice a blog language that can help you become better at reading.