Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fireworks quilt...

Great HST quilt from She Taught Me to Love it. Myra is a mother of 5, she home schools them all.  Then in all her spare time, she quilts! I love this great quilt inspired by patriotic quilts and American history. Be sure to check out Myra's quilt finishes and her lovely blog...


Since I have been bitten by the quilting bug again, I am determined to sew!!! During Spring Break I told my kids that "I" am having Spring Break and am going to sew! I made two baby quilts for other people that week and started a quilt that I’m actually going to keep! Fun!

I love patriotic quilts (some of them anyway) and I am crazy-in-love-with America and her history. I have one patriotic quilt at the long-arm quilter right now, (one I started 4 years ago and am finally finishing!) and another patriotic quilt that is on my UFO list and I will hopefully finish it soon. (There's some hand-stitching on it that is a bit intimidating to me...)

Since getting bitten by the quilting bug again, I've been dreaming about and waking up with visions of quilts in my head! Thereby came this quilt idea for Fireworks.

IMG_6769
IMG_6777
IMG_6779
IMG_6781
And this is one of things I love best about quilts…
IMG_6782
This is my hubby reading a bedtime story to my daughter. : )
Ahhhhhh, there’s nothing like reading a good book with your kids while snuggling up under a nice quilt.
“Tickle Kingdom” by Robert D. Harris is one of our favorites!



Photobucket

9 comments:

rosa said...

Preciosa¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡besos

Needled Mom said...

So pretty and I, too, love that use for quilts!

Shontelle said...

I love it! You've totally inspired me. I have been saving red and blue scraps to make a string quilt for my son but I just couldn't face making another one. You can't beat a pinwheel so that's it - I'm sold! Thanks.

Cherie said...

Great looking quilt! It's nice to actually see them being used =D

CathyK said...

Love this quilt!

Judi said...

What a BEAUTIFUL quilt. I've been thinking of making one in red, white and blue to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee year,(I live in the UK), but didn't want one that would be too obviously linked as I figured it would 'date' a bit, this seems like the perfect solution.

Judi

Tatkis said...

Fantastic quilt! Such a beautiful and effect colour combination and the pattern!
Last photo is so sweet :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Amy said...

Beautiful job on the quilt!

Sharon said...

Beautiful quilt....great way to use half squares.