Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 4, 2012

Block of the Month: June



June's Block of the Month

Theme: Flying Geese

Join our  Block of the Month series you are not too late!  And if not, stay around and admire the block cuteness :)

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks in this series.   As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group.  And PS the linky party will be open for a YEAR! 

Here is what Heather and I came up with:

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
Tutorial: Fly With Me Block
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller

For June's block I made up my own and did a tutorial. SEE HERE for the tutorial if you missed out :)  I also gave tips on Flying Geese the easy way.


I wanted to do something simple and modern. I forgot to get a shot of all of my blocks, but I think having this simple one will fit in great with the blocks thus far :)



Heather's Block
12" x 12"
Toad in a Puddle pg 251
Fabric: Ooh La La from Michael Miller


Here are all of her blocks, March, April, May and June.


I have to admit, the first of the month seems to come so fast to the both of us. Yes we can be heard whining "I have to make my block already!!"  But at the same time we're both so excited to see the progress.  Really not that much work and they're going to be awesome sampler quilts!!


The block theme for July is Rounded.

And eek...we forgot to pick our blocks out.  I will get that info out asap.  In the meantime if you're wondering what "rounded" means here are a few blocks that I think fit.  Our idea basically was something that gives the impression of rounded piecing.


Time to link up your blocks!  Go HERE to link and to see others blocks!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Cheryll said...

Great blocks for the two of you!
I've added mine here and on flicker. Cheers :)

Richard Healey said...

I like that block this month its wonderful.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

Great looking blocks! I plan to get this months done before the last day of the month =D

CathyK said...

Love the blocks! I can't wait to get started!