Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fabric Tuesday #25

Hi, remember this fabric stash I got back in December? Love these fabrics. Then I found a perfect 100% cotton sheet set for the sashing that matched PERFECTLY!

I didn't want to chop into the big print very much, so I designed a pretty simple layout to show off the prints off. Problem is, I think the sashing is too large now, and it bothers me.

I was thinking to put something in the middle of the sashing, maybe some ruffles? some applique?  leave it as is? Any suggestions? I would appreciate it!

Meg and I have been busy crafting and playing lately, so we were not able to comment on last weeks Fabric Tuesday Linky's, but we loved them all.  We really try to reply to projects, and love looking through all the linkups. Thanks for coming back each week.



I got these gorgeous Sandi Henderson Fabrics from SkyeReve Fabrics. Super cute etsy shop. Check them out!
Skye Reve Fabrics
FABRIC TUESDAY!
Edition 25
Link up a recent craft project that uses fabric...if you're new don't be shy!  This is for everyone.  Click the button to add your link at the bottom and link up a recent blog post where you used fabric to create or enhance something. Below are a few "rules" to play.

Mention us in your post with either a link or make it easy and add the button to your blog sidebar and you won't have to remember each week. ***You can take either our blog or our Fabric Tuesday buttons on the sidebar.***
PLEASE READ ME:
Most everyone does this, but please actually mention that you are linking up to Quilt Story in your post...even if you have the button on the sidebar there needs to be mention in the post :)  We've just seen a couple where we can't see any button or link to us and then we scroll way way down and there's the button...we want to make sure everyone knows so everyone can play!  Thank you!!

You don't have to do this to link up, promise. However if you want to follow us, we follow back :) But please comment telling us you did so and we will hop right on over and make sure we're following too!

And how about we each take time to comment on the link just before yours, that's easy enough right? We'd love for this to be a linky party where everyone gets comments, so if you take the time to look, take a second to leave a comment!

***We received an email from Mr. Mclinky, there is a chance there may be problems with the thumbnail images, if that's the case hopefully it will fix soon.  However you should be able to link up no matter what, just maybe no image.  Go figure, once you start paying for something it doesn't work!



Photobucket

19 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I like the sashing. I'm a fan of "white space" that gives your eyes a place to rest. If it's too blah for you, I would do some different quilting in the sashing. Maybe some thing facny or swirly to mimimic the henna. Then straight line the blocks?

Annmarie said...

Not too big at all - I LOVE it!

Lori said...

I am on a Jumbo ric arc kick right now so I would put some jumbo ric arc down the center of the sashing, maybe 1 or 2 different colors. The quilt looks great! I love the fabrics.

Angela D. said...

I think some hand quilting with perle 8 cotton thread would look great. You could pull some colors from those great fabrics and do a few rows of stitching in the sashing.

Kristie said...

Love that Jumbo print! I think I may need me some Meadowsweet 2.....

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Personally, I like it as is and I think your jazz up the blank space with some interesting quilting. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love those fabric and red-pink colours! I don't mind the big sashing but it's also lovely space for some stitching or applique!
Sunny wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love those fabric and red-pink colours! I don't mind the big sashing but it's also lovely space for some stitching or applique!
Sunny wishes!

Ashley & Timothy said...

I've been a long-term follower of QuiltStory, but finally finished my first quilt and was able to link up today!!!

CityHouseStudio said...

I like the wide sashing -- it goes well with the large print fabric blocks. It's perfect, and really beautiful!
Michelle

Meri said...

Lori and I are on the same wavelength...I would use the jumbo ric rac, too!
Or maybe just do the bigstitch quilting in a contrasting color...that would be fun!
Whatever you do, it'll be great!

Nancy said...

those open spaces are just screaming for some wonky line quilting...by that I mean straight lines that aren't actually straight... love that pink...

Julie S said...

I think if you put some fabulous quilting in that sashing it would frame those great prints!

~ Val @ PinkPlease! ~ said...

I'm following you guys now. I love your blog! Now I will link up.

Unknown said...

I love ruffles! If you cut thin strips and rolled hem serge the edges and then ruffle them up, they are super fast to add to a quilt top. :)

Becky said...

Ditto on others who suggested some quilting in the sashing. I'd use a dark colored thread, like the maroon, and make the design also big, maybe echoing some of the flowers or other designs in the fabric. Sometimes a quilt like this that you aren't entirely satisfied with can be a huge opportunity to try something new, or learn a new way to make it shine in your own personal way...

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

I like the sashing, I don't think its too big at all and I love the big blocks. I agree with the suggestions for handquilting in the space. Some applique randomly scattered, echoing some of the print patterns could be nice too!

MariQuilts said...

Wow this is one action packed blog...I just hit the follow button

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Hi Mari I'm right behind you :-) *waves
Just found this blog too and hitting the follow button now. Looks like there's a lot happening here fun fun fun!