Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

Over the river and through the woods....


When Jeanene submitted this project, we were blown away! Look at all the detailed hand embroidery, look at the intricate quilting! What an amazing quilt and fun story to go along. Make sure to go say hi to Jeanene at the queen bees hive


Finally, here’s my latest project:
my “Over the River and Through the Woods” Quilt
(The pattern is by:  Crabapple Hill)
This was actually my summer project. I fell in love with it last spring when I saw it hanging in a shop in Logan. Loved it immediately, but looked at all that detail and embroidery and decided ‘no’.
Then I saw it again, in one of my favorite little  shops near home, and knew I had to get it!
You remember the song don’t you? “Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go, the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh….(finish it up);)
We had a few road trips last summer, and I stitched all the way, over the hi-ways, and through the bi-ways!
I usually machine quilt them myself, but this was was extra special, so after I got it pieced together I had Kaylene  at ‘My Little Quilting Shoppe’ do it. Look at that detail work!
Then I had to bribe my little nephew to come and hang it over the stairs for me.
Her new home!
She likes it there! :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

That is a beautiful quilt..the actual quilting reminds me of the pattern of frost on a window and the black embroidery is absolutely amazing as is the rhyme! A wonderful acheivement.

Lee said...

It is beautiful! lovely quilting!

Miki Willa said...

This is stunning. Congratulations on creating this lovely quilt.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh Wow! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! That will be a family heirloom!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne said...

What a treasure! Excellent job on the piecing and embroidery, and the quilting suits the theme perfectly. If it were hanging over my mantle, I'd have to stop a few times a day to admire its beauty.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just lovely!

webmailaddress2 said...

Wow! That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Jezibels said...

Beautiful, stunning job, really looks great where you hung it!