Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prairie Points of Interest Quilt, so creative!

I recently moved from Missouri to Arizona.  My mom visited me in both places...and they are very different.  The funniest thing is each time she comes to visit she asks me things like, "What kinds of vegetation grows here?" "What's the story behind that non-remarkable landmark?"  Um...I have no idea!  I've since told her that she's welcome to go to the visitor's center whenever she wants!   Makes me giggle. :)  Well Helen from RobinStar Quilting wanted to make a quilt that represents where she lives.  I love how she put it together, so creative!!  You'll love this quilt, especially you Texans, y'all love your state :)


I have wanted to make a quilt that represents where I live in the

Texas Panhandle.  For a while I have had images of quilt designs
floating around in my head and I finally bought some fabric and got
inspired to come up with my "Prairie Points of Interest" quilt.   In
this design the center focus blocks represent the wild vegetation that
is naturally treeless, the flying geese are representative of the
Canadian Geese that migrate to this area over the winter (they are
everywhere, and I love it), the circles show the 'Playa Lakes' that
abound in the region, the stripes are the furrows of the countless
fields that are planted in corn, cotton, sunflowers, or wheat, and the
open spaces convey the feeling of openness that surrounds the high
plains.  I intended for it to have a modern feel to it and the
vertical quilting maintains that feeling.  I am really pleased with it
and proud of myself for doing it.  I even put a label on the back,
yeah!







 Photobucket


10 comments:

The Mother Huddle said...

It's absolutely beautiful! Love love the story behind it.
~Destri

Anonymous said...

How pretty. I too like the story behind it.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Fabulous! What a great translation of the Texas Panhandle. And yes, we are proud (ie: passionate about) of our state! I've been toying around with a similar thought about the Hill Country, and the Davis mountains, but it won't be anything as marvelous as this.

Kulla Klan said...

Super pretty - and I love the quilting on it!

Becky said...

Beautiful! My dad is from Amarillo, and I still have many relatives there! Thanks for sharing!

Belinda said...

Oh my! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Lee Ann L. said...

That is really cool! I would have been the more literal type of gal trying to make a quilt representing an area.

Seeing this makes me realize that quilts representing a place, family , etc., and etc. ARE doable in the modern style of way and certainly easier than what I would have imagined. :-)

Karen said...

This is very inspiring........I love the applique`shapes, the blanket stitch on them,and the narrow row quilting. :>)

yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
golden goose sneakers
curry 6 shoes
golden goose outlet
jordan 13
stephen curry shoes
lebron shoes
golden goose sneakers
kobe basketball shoes
yeezy 500

Unknown said...

n4n89o8j75 e6w39x1v58 r1h94c3h89 j7q34z2t70 x8l65d9s76 c5h52v4t83