Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 1, 2011

Liberated Wedding Ring quilt from LMS

Welcome to Friday's Quilt Feature.  This is the second time we've featured Corey from Little Miss Shabby.  Her first feature can be found here.   Today we're sharing her Liberated Wedding Ring quilt, and the fabulous news is she has the block tutorial here so you can make one yourself!  Enjoy :)


I took advantage of some sunny weather today to snap some pictures of my Liberated Wedding Ring Quilt that I finished up last week.  I finally got around to sewing together the blocks that I received from the Red & Aqua Bee over on flickr.  The fabrics are a mix of Reds/Aquas & Pinks from various lines of fabric–Dolly Dresses by Lakehouse, Moda Sweet, Kei Dots, some Lecien and a bunch of other random fabrics.  The blocks were made using my tutorial.





Since this is a smaller quilt only 3 blocks by 3 blocks, (an advantage, I suppose to being in a bee where you don’t receive all of your blocks back LOL! ) I thought it was a perfect time to practice some stippling.  I enjoy stippling on smaller projects but this is the largest quilt that I have done.





 The quilting is far from perfect but it’ll do.  Machine quilting is something that I will just need to keep practicing on.




I finished off the quilt with a fun stripey binding.




And a finished quilt!  It finishes out at about 41.5″ square.  Hopefully this will motiviate me to finish some of my other bee quilts. =)




Photobucket



14 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

It turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing your finish!

Dawn S. said...

it is lovely! I am sure no one can see the imperfections but you.

Impera Magna said...

Wow... I love the quilt and the fabrics! Off to check out your tutorial! Thanks...

Splendorfalls said...

It's beautiful!!

Amy said...

I think it turned out beautiful.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful! Love the binding fabric too.

Nina... said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the red and white striped binding!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful quilt and great photos!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Love it! One of my favorite color combos!

Karee said...

fab! love the simplicity of the pattern & its funky name, they let the fabric ring.

Deanna said...

Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Loving that color combination!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kekibird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oooh, now that's beautiful too! I love the whole look. Very nice!