Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fabric Tuesday and a new pattern!

Happy Tuesday my friends!! Hope all is well!  We're enjoying the humidity here in Northern Virginia (not) but we are enjoying the fireflies at night!

Last Christmas Heather and I got a couple of new fabric collections and helped each other design new quilt patterns with each.  We finished them in record time (for us) and had them completely ready for quilt market.  But naturally it took two more months to list the patterns in our shop and share it with you all! :)

I'm happy to share Hello Pretty with you today for Fabric Tuesday!


Such happy and bright colors in Aneela Hoey's line "Hello Petal" by Moda Fabrics.  I love the little children at play and I was sold when I saw the kitty cats all named on the back (including Lucy!).


I love creating a pattern that maybe appears to be more work than it is. I used fat quarters to make this quilt, strip piecing and a lot of repeat blocks to create this finish.  I heart it!


When I finished it didn't seem finished...I stood back and thought it was too busy and on the smaller side.  I am so pleased I added the white borders and patchwork squares, I think it completes it.


Backed it with those sweet kitties of course, and there is the perfect stripe in the line I used for binding.


There you have it!

Hello Pretty
65" x 77"



Fabric Tuesday
#195

Come and share your recent fabric WIPs and finishes!!



Photobucket

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

just found you so I am linking up and putting the link on my blog post

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Love your quilt!! The Hello Pretty line reminds me a lot of Sarah Jane's lines...just so happy and full of childhood.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Your quilt is so pretty! Love your design and fabric choice and colors that makes use of fabric you want to showoff. You had me going saying you were enjoying the humidity. Lots of that happening here in North Carolina too! Makes for great quilting weather doesn't it? Rather spend time inside when it's hot and humid!

Hilary said...

Love the pattern!!

RobotMomSews said...

EEEK!!!!!! I LOVE this pattern Meg!! It's so cute and bright and happy! Congrats to you!!

Baa. xxx said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can see how it would have looked too busy, but it's fun looking at all those cute, little prints :) The white and square borders were a great idea, and make a great finishing touch.

Taylor Bara said...

Hello, fellas! Today I brought you this https://pro-homework-help.com/blog/homeschooling-pros-and-cons! Homeschooling is our next topic!

Jim Rhodes said...

Well, this quilt is awesome! You are so creative! Good job.

Salvador said...

Online dating, online dating, mail order bride. You can't be lonely now. On our site there are many profiles of girls who are guam mail order brides ready for a relationship. We provide the best qualifying sites. Thanks to which you will find your destiny.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Thank you everyone who visited this blog, please share.ดูหนังออนไลน์