Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Triangle quilt and a room redo...




If you follow me , Heather on Instagram (@quiltstory) then you have seen these before. Sorry about the camera phone photos, these smart phones take such good photos, that I have been neglecting my nice camera. Anyhow, I have been redoing my daughters room. We are doing soft mint, ballet slipper pink, soft tones and gold...

After walls were painted, I started painting items for her room, and sewing bedding. First is this triangle quilt pillow. I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest. Pretty easy, the triangles were easier than I anticipated. 



I quilted the sham with just a quarter inch around each seam. Simple and nice. 



Here is the first pillow on her bed. Love. 


 I made this sheepie a while ago. I love her. One of the favorite things I have ever made. And I had my husband make me this little wooden house. I used this pretty Brambleberry Ridge fabric from Michael Miller as wallpaper. (the same fabric line in the pillows)


What makes me happiest about this room is how much me and my daughter created for it. We painted the walls together, and everything on this wall is made by us except the flying bunny. (and frames) I painted all the art, and me and my daughter did the embroidery projects. 


 Then I was on a roll, so I decided to make a "quilt as you go" pillow. I loved making this pillow. Fast cute fun project....




We still have a few more plans, but I am really happy with everything so far!

Photobucket

26 comments:

Southern Gal said...

It's beautiful. All of it.

Ingrid Figueras (Sewing Lab) said...

Such a beautiful room!! I really love the soft tones, I would have loved this room myself some years ago :)Plus it's so great to work together with your daughter, I have lots of memories doing the same with my mom and this is what really matters!

Adrienne said...

so lovely! Great quilting, great soft colors. Love it all!

valentinegirl said...

How smart to make the quilted sham and accent pillow to go with the bedding you had found (and not have to make a whole big quilt!!). Everything is darling!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your triangles meet up so nice and neat I will check out the tutorial you mention

Marianne said...

It all looks lovely and how wonderful you did it all together.

Lara B. said...

Heather, you haven't just made an incredibly sweet and charming room, but you have also made precious memories with your daughter!

ipatchandquilt said...

Everything is so soft and magical!!!
Esther

Unknown said...

Y'all have done a beautiful job! I am so in love with the brambelberry line. And that MM Glitz! It's stunning!

Ruth said...

Really lovely! It didn't occur to me to make a pillow from smaller triangles. Love the effect!

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

Everything about that room is super cute Heather! I have loved seeing it evolve on IG.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Heather! Looks so cute and beautiful! Pastels are really sweet and you inspired me to make a pillow like that! x Teje

OhioLori said...

GORGEOUS!! You did Grrrreat job!! Room is soooo nice....Perfect! :)

Vicki said...

How special and beautiful! love the pink/green combo.

Lisa said...

*sigh* glorious. The colours just make me feel so happy!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Beautiful! What a fun project to do together! Your pillows are gorgeous! Did you paint the chevron on the wall? Vey cute!

Karee said...

Darling! I admit to being a little gun shy of equilateral triangle piecing. Ohhhh, your pics are tempting.

Lauren Deel said...

I love this room so much! I love how you and your daughter have handmade so much of it together. So sweet! And darn it all if I don't love that wonky log cabin pillow with that sweet HR trike at the center. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing job. It looks like you pulled these pictures straight out of a magazine!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Beautiful!!!! What an amazing bedroom for your daughter! I am hoping to do something with my daughter for her room. If they help does it make them want to keep it clean?

Daytona Damsel said...

Those are the colors I wanted as a tween. Any girl would be thrilled with it.

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

How pretty! And it's so sweet that it's a "together" project. :)

Laura Bass said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I want this room for myself, and I'm in my early 30s!! The color palette is truly spectacular; I've seen those colors used heavily in PBTeen rooms, and just ADORE them!!

One negative, and I know I come across as a grammar Nazi to almost everyone I know, but you keep using the verbiage "me and my daughter." Why?! Oh, why!? It's either my daughter and I, or my daughter and me, depending on its use. I hate that this bothers me. :( I'm sorry.

You're definitely FAR BETTER than I at all things quilty, though, so I'm totally sure you could school me far more than I could ever school you.

Unknown said...

This is very nice home remodeling and decoration ideas.

Scott Porter
digital marketing company West Palm Beach

Google camera playstore said...

textnow app
textnow apk

one of the fastest apps for android.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Thank you everyone who visited this blog, please share.ดูหนังออนไลน์