Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 18, 2014

Sweetest mini from Why Not Sew....precious!


Erin from Why not sew makes simply the most precious projects! We happened upon her blog several years ago, and have been stalker fans of hers ever since! This mini with Country Girls fabric is simply darling! Head over to her blog, where you will find yourself making outloud "ooohh" and "ahhh" sounds. Seriously. You. Will. Love!


Last week I finished this Country Girls mini quilt I made for my girls' room. I've been wanting to post about it since then but we all have been under the weather at our house. Sore throats and stomach bugs. Yuck. I hope we are on the mend. My mom is visiting and should be here today! I told her maybe she shouldn't come but she wouldn't hear of it. I hope she doesn't get sick. I've Lysoled, bleached, Purelled my heart out, so I'm hoping we're good.

Anyway, I am loving this mini!!! I fussy-cut the Country Girls from this fabric. Then I used some Country Girls fabric along with some others from Tasha Noel. All of which I got from Shay at Simply Sweet Fabric.  I added some Strawberry Fields, April Showers, Scrumptious and Flea Market Fancy. The colors all went well together and I love the scrappy look.

I hand quilted around each star and that was all. I may add more quilting around the edge near the binding and in the space where the four corners of the blocks meet. I just haven't yet. I love the center block. The little girl feeding the ducks reminded my 4 year old of herself feeding her ducks. She loves the quilt and can't wait to have it on her wall. I have to paint first. I hope to do that while my mom visits. We shall see :) 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Maryse said...

Your quilt is so adorable, I really like the fabrics and color combination you have put together, beautiful!

Judy Ann said...

Very sweet!

Lauren Deel said...

I love this! The fussy cuts and hand-quilting are beautiful!

Tanyia said...

that is really very sweet!

myrtovl said...

Your mini is adorable, I tried to visit Erin's blog but the link does not work!
Myrto

Kim said...

This is so cute. Beautiful fabrics and love the hand quilting.

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

Super cute! I love the hand quilting!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ Share it, it's useful to many people. I like this information too.