Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

For Sweet Baby Kate

Many of you have heard about my best friend Amanda's baby Kate.  Either through my instagram (or other social media) or the post I did HERE a few weeks ago.

I'm so sorry to say that sweet Kate fought so incredibly hard but yesterday morning she passed due to internal bleeding.  She was thriving on her second liver transplant and things took a sudden turn.  I am absolutely heartbroken for my friends.

This post is about things you can do to help.

If you are on instagram one thing you can do is share an image of a butterfly.  These have been symbolic of Kate and her journey for Amanda (@rykerandamanda) .  Use the hashtag #butterfliesforkate so they can see our love for them and Kate.

Next Southern Fabric is having a one day sale for April Showers layer cakes for $24.99 and all the proceeds will go to Kate's family!!  Thank you thank you thank you!


To financially donate you can see these two sources:

Well Fargo account #1253566481


Lastly in a few minutes I will be doing an Instagram Auction for this quilt (below) my instagram is @quiltstorymeg.  ALL proceeds will go to Kate's family.



Just a huge thank you to everyone!!  I'm so touched by the outpouring of love.  Amanda is AMAZING.  She is always always doing for others.  She is incredibly sweet and kind.  I'm so grateful for her and her friendship.  I wish desperately she wasn't going through this.  Thank you again to all of you for caring.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Such a sad sad outcome. My heart breaks for the family. I bought a layer cake and hope that helps. You are so sweet for doing this for your dear friend. Hugs!

RobotMomSews said...

Sooooo sad. I am so sorry for their family. I will go get a layer cake now. Wish I could do more. :(

*Tyler* said...

I'm so sorry for their loss. I ordered a layer cake it's not much but I hope it helps them.

Tammy said...

Oh, I'm so sad for you and your friends. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you. God has little Kate in the palm of his hand.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I am so sorry for you and Amanda and her family. I am sorry for their heartbreak. Thank you for sharing their story with us.

Unknown said...

How terribly sad. Prayers for Kate and her family. FYI, link for the layer cake shows out of stock :(

Unknown said...

How terribly sad. Prayers for Kate and her family. FYI, link for the layer cake shows out of stock :(

Hannlib said...

I've been following Kate's story on IG since you first posted and I have been absolutely heartbroken this week for this family. So much hope followed by utter devastation. I am so very sad for you also, as a close friend of the family. It isn't like me to get involved in the stories of people I don't know but Kate has really touched me. I have a 14mo baby girl and have been holding her and her big sister extra tight this week. I really am so dreadfully sorry for their loss. I hope you all can find comfort and peace. xxx

Lauren Deel said...

I am so sorry to read this post and to learn of your loss. I am heartbroken for you and Amanda both.