Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 11, 2013

Lattice Quilt from Shush-I'm quilting...

Liz is the lovely blogger from Shush-I'm Quilting, a fun quilting blog. Liz is a fancy litigation lawyer by day, and who just came out of the closet! (I didn't think there was anything to be ashamed about! Actually I do, I feel like I always have to taper down my crafting/quilting obsessions, or people might think I am crazy :) I came across this darling Lattice Quilt of Liz's, and had to feature it. Here are a few more of Liz's Quilt finishes. Love this darling pillow she posted today...cute stuff! 

Hello quilty friends. It's been quite an exhausting week in the Shush household, I finished the lattice quilt. 

Yes you heard me right - the Lattice Quilt is all finished.  This quilt has been such a rollercoaster ride - it waspretty hit and miss there for a while whether it would get finished at all.  Then there was the greasy mark incident - I mean honestly, you wonder if some things aren't meant to be.  But now it's finished, and the world is a better place. 

Well, that might be a bit extreme, but I'm sure happy.

And because hubby has a new camera, I even took it outside for a photo shoot. I'm not sure quite why a quilt would choose to drape over a bench seat in the sunshine, but apparently that was what it wanted to do.  Who am I to question these things?

The wind conveniently wanted to show you the DS 2011 print on the back. That is no artful arrangement of mine, I tell you. I was responsible for the broom in the background though. Really wishing I'd moved it now ...

Lazy lounging lattice

Are you loving it?  I am, and that of course is the ultimate test of taste and discernment in quilting. 

Luxuriating lattice

After it had finished draping and fluttering around being artful, quilt told me it would like to be folded up and sit on the wee table. This is so you can admire the chocolate binding. And it turns out we all like chocolate, don't we?!  Don't forget to ooh and ahh over the stippling plus straight line quilting. 


The total size is roughly 56" x 74", and it's made of only 12 blocks. The patchwork fabric is Coquette by Moda.  I had a layer cake to use, and I have enough leftover to make something else. Like I need another project on the go!  The solids are a random hot pink and aqua from Spotlight. Here's hoping that pink doesn't run in the wash. Then there would be tears before bedtime. 

I have set out before the rough details of how it was made. But let me know if you want a proper tutorial with all the deets so you don't have to go rummaging around the interwebby. I could do that for you, my quilty friends. Yes, I could. 

I'm feeling pretty good now it's done. Now it's on to Oh Deer (blergh), the Zombie Quilt (grab your hatchet, there may be bloodshed), EPP (that's not finishing any time soon) and my Citrus Sweet Love BOM. Plus anything else I can think to start from the monster stash. I just can't. stop. shopping. 

Linking up to all the fabulous linky parties. Howdy visitors!  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. 

Photobucket

10 comments:

Joan and Kevin said...

Love the quilt!
I would love a tutorial!

Joelle said...

Tutorial would be great. Can't wait to see the Zombie quilt!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Beautiful quilt and gorgeous photos :)

Quilting Dee said...

Love your colour choices. Worked so well , beautiful.

Kathy said...


Beautiful, a tutorial would be much appreiciated.

Ellie G said...

Yes, please! A tutorial, please. I have so many layer cakes, that I couldn't resist buying, sitting on a shelf waiting for the right pattern. I think this pattern would work well with one of them!

Unknown said...

You’re so cool! I don't suppose I've learn anything like this before. So good to search out somebody with some authentic ideas on this subject. really thank you for beginning this up. this web site is one thing that's wanted on the net, somebody with slightly originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the web!

Cardsharing Server

ljeanne said...

I would love a tutorial.

Lynette said...

This is so awesome!!! And would be just *perfect* for my set of charm packs. Your offer for a tutorial is most welcome and desired. :D

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

You did a great job and I'm looking forward to the next results.ดูหนังออนไลน์